NFL 2015

Yeah yeah, I post these threads when Dallas is out. So what. No fans on this board of any teams still playing (Zeph, KR, and Matty don't count).

Dallas insight:

Murray is gone, Bryant stays.

Not sure about the assistant coaches, but Garrett will be resigned. I would like both ACs brought back, but the priority is Marinelli, not Linehan. Another big front office thing is the status of Will McClay. Man is majorly responsible for Dallas' great recent drafts and bargain FA finds. Hope he isn't going anywhere.

Not sure what the defense will look like in 2015 but it should be improved from it's middling status this year - which is still a major improvement from 2013. The biggest questions on the defensive side are going to be what happens to Carr and Carter. Carter has been up and down in his career, but played well at the end of this season. May get offered more money than Dallas is willing to pay. Carr was also good in the 2nd half of the season, but isn't worth his current contract. Will probably have to restructure or will get cut. I don't expect Dallas to pick up Claiborne's option, so no idea what happens with him.

Starting linebackers for Dallas in 15:
Lee: Weak
McClain: Middle
Hitchens: Strong

Dallas took a lot of shit for the drafting of Frederick and Hitchens in the last two years, and both have more than proved their worth. Hitchens was playing the last few games with a high ankle sprain, which sidelines most people, and played all 3 linebacker positions well as a rookie. Frederick is only one of the best centers in the game.

Not sure what the defensive line is going to look like exactly, but Crawford, Lawrence, and Mincey will remain.

Secondary will keep Scandrick, Church, and Wilcox.

I expect no major changes on the offense other than at half/tailback. Randle may be promoted, or some new name will emerge.

Hoping the Falcons go with Bowles or Quinn. Preferably Bowles as he seems to be able to do more with less as a DC in Arizona. We need the defensive help in a huge way, the offense just needs better line and that will improve our run and passing game. Just don't like Rex Ryan (glad its looking like Bills) and again, we don't need the offensive help from Mcdaniels near as much.

Yeah yeah, I post these threads when Dallas is out. So what. No fans on this board of any teams still playing (Zeph, KR, and Matty don't count).

Dallas insight:

Murray is gone, Bryant stays.

Not sure about the assistant coaches, but Garrett will be resigned. I would like both ACs brought back, but the priority is Marinelli, not Linehan. Another big front office thing is the status of Will McClay. Man is majorly responsible for Dallas' great recent drafts and bargain FA finds. Hope he isn't going anywhere.

Not sure what the defense will look like in 2015 but it should be improved from it's middling status this year - which is still a major improvement from 2013. The biggest questions on the defensive side are going to be what happens to Carr and Carter. Carter has been up and down in his career, but played well at the end of this season. May get offered more money than Dallas is willing to pay. Carr was also good in the 2nd half of the season, but isn't worth his current contract. Will probably have to restructure or will get cut. I don't expect Dallas to pick up Claiborne's option, so no idea what happens with him.

Starting linebackers for Dallas in 15:
Lee: Weak
McClain: Middle
Hitchens: Strong

Dallas took a lot of shit for the drafting of Frederick and Hitchens in the last two years, and both have more than proved their worth. Hitchens was playing the last few games with a high ankle sprain, which sidelines most people, and played all 3 linebacker positions well as a rookie. Frederick is only one of the best centers in the game.

Not sure what the defensive line is going to look like exactly, but Crawford, Lawrence, and Mincey will remain.

Secondary will keep Scandrick, Church, and Wilcox.

I expect no major changes on the offense other than at half/tailback. Randle may be promoted, or some new name will emerge.

The real question is will the Cowboys return to the gloryhole days?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I read an interview where he was asked if he knew what it meant and he said yeah. I can't remember if he said as well but I know his PR guy said it was also used in the oil industry to describe a big (lucky) strike. That's the problem for Jones, and one that guys like Stephen J. and Garrett are counterbalancing.

Jones loves going "all in", like he did to buy the Cowboys, and with the Walker trade, and that early success has set him up for repeat failures on pretty much every future mega deal/trade. Think all the WRs that came through Dallas (Galloway, Williams, etc), big deals to guys like Marion Barber, etc. He has problems tempering his chance taking because in his mind his biggest mistake was when he played it safe on Randy Moss. He was practically slobbering about how happy he was on Garrett going for it on 4th downs (ftr, I am a big fan of playing 4 down football).

Jones' skills are best used in moderation, when they get guys like R. McClain to come out of retirement. I'm hoping the juxtaposition of the 2012 draft with the bust of his mega deal to nab Claiborne, and 2013 where they traded down and got Frederick, and 2014 where they took Martin instead of Manziel, will show him that patience beats gambling when building a team. Whether it does or does not, Stephen appears to have clearly learned the lesson, and Garrett already knew.

I had a dream the other night that the Redskins won the Super Bowl.

No fucking clue.

Did Dan Snyder still own them?

I'm wondering how much longer Snyder stays involved and/or owning this team. The guy makes Jerrah look great. At least he knows how to handle the non-football side of the business.

Way to early for draft talk imo, but FA and coaching changes are fair game:

Rumors floating about Marinelli to TB already, but afaik the Cowboys get first crack to sign, and I don't expect M's decision to be about money. Depends on how tight he is with Smith still vs his happiness in Dallas.

In looking ahead to FAs: I don't know if he will hit the market, and not saying that Dallas would necessarily pursue him, and I don't even like the guy, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jerry goes after Suh. He would immediately make that line formidable, which would make that secondary look much better.

He fits San Fran.

Todd Bowles is a guy a lot of teams should jump on

I think my Giants are going to go grab Steve Spagnuolo our Super Bowl D coordinator from 2007. And Osi will come back to finish his career as a Giant

I know I read an interview where he was asked if he knew what it meant and he said yeah. I can't remember if he said as well but I know his PR guy said it was also used in the oil industry to describe a big (lucky) strike.

I'm pretty sure that term of glory hole was around before the sexual term. I can't say I blame the guy. Imagine if in 30 years kids start using the word "awesome" to mean banging a 3 legged mexican midget. You'd better believe I'd keep using it in the old capacity.

The Texans sound about right. Not sure where The Cards are with Palmer, didn't they extend him?

Believe it or not I like Peyton with the Bills. Build a heavy run game while Peyton slowly picks the D apart and let Rex go all out.

or what about the Jets? :erk:

Sources saying Garrett and Marinelli resigned. Not sure they will be able to lockdown Linehan also but he was the last of the necessary signings on staff. Nearly time to start working player contracts. I'm a big believer in continuity, and I don't think there's much in the way of subtraction that the team needs. I think 1 major signing/draft pick on the d-line and in the secondary would put this team over the hump - that and avoiding the injury bug. The offense stayed pretty injury free but my god that linebacker corps had a cast on it all year.