NFL 2017

Yeah, I hesitated on picking the Vikings on account of the Philly crowd. I've been to a Redskins game before and wouldn't have any fears with wearing a Cowboys jersey to a game, let alone walking the streets of DC, but no fucking way would I even consider stepping foot into Philly with Cowboys memorabilia.

Honestly, it’s probably more hype than anything. I’ve been to games in Philly (as a home fan), SF (as a neutral), Oakland (as a visting fan), and LA (as a “visiting” fan) and didn’t notice much of a difference in how road fans were treated. Wearing road gear, you’re gonna get shit talked to you and perhaps people yelling at you, but that’s it. Unless, you make a thing of it and get in the face of some drunk dude. Now granted, Eagles fans hate Cowboys fans so maybe that would be a different story. But mostly what I think is that the Vikings will face the loudest, rowdiest and most hostile crowd they’re ever faced. That could contribute to some mistakes being made by the Vikings (Keenum will throw up some ducks). That said, I could also see Foles throwing up a duck or holding the ball for a century and taking a strip-sack and costing us the game. Either way, it’ll probably come down to one or two big mistakes by either team.

I find it not-amusing that the NFL instituted the salary cap and free agency to push "parity", and what we've gotten instead is something like a Pareto distribution in titles rather than "any given year".

That was fucking awesome. Eagles absolutely annihilated them on both sides of the ball and Foles had the game of his career. The great thing was, that was basically what the offense looked like all year. This is a really fucking good team. Can't wait for the Super Bowl. It's gonna be a long two weeks.

Reactions: EternalMetal
NE is making Bortles look like a real QB so far.

I was worried for a bit. Though tbh Bortles looked a bit more accurate today than normal, so I wouldnt discredit the defense too much (pats fan bias maybe a little bit).

I find it not-amusing that the NFL instituted the salary cap and free agency to push "parity", and what we've gotten instead is something like a Pareto distribution in titles rather than "any given year".

lol, this is so unlike you to complain about. Do you really expect that teams managed by an organization of incompetents would automatically be on the same level as those who are run more competently? Things would be even worse off if the richest teams were allowed to just buy the best players and win everything. There is an art to playing with the constriction of the salary cap and having to sacrifice good position players for one position for lackluster ones at another. The draft also heavily favors losing teams so that they can inundate themselves with the newest and youngest talents, rather than them all going to the richest and most successful teams right off the bat. Maybe your precious Jerry Jones could get you to a superbowl if he was able to buy the entire first round every year.

Otherwise, the playoff teams this year look much different than last year. Titans, Rams, Bills, Saints, Jaguars, Vikings, all in the playoffs this year. Who would have thought a year ago these teams would have prospered? Except for the Saints maybe.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
The playoffs get churned every year. Just not the AFC/NFC reps in the SB. Especially on the AFC side. Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning.

Feels like those two phantom PI calls did more to hurt the Jags than offense dying in the fourth. Brutal calls

Oh please, it's like PI isnt a thing when it is called in favor of the Pats. The refs were pretty generous the whole game with letting the defenses play physical, but those two calls would have been called for PI by just about any ref in any NFL game. I watched the whole game, and saw no similar instances that were uncalled that would have been in favor of the Jags.

how is the 1st half one on Cooks a legitimate PI let alone a playoff game PI?

and the Jack fumble was rough as well

Bouye was all physical with Cooks and pushed him out of bounds so that he couldnt even attempt to complete the catch. It was good coverage until he hooked, pushed, and acted like he wasnt doing anything wrong. Refs almost always call shit like this PI.

I'm glad for Foles to have success as he seems to have been jerked around a good bit in his career. Maybe he can get a starting spot out of this once his contract runs out? That said I'm not too excited about this Superbowl but can't put a finger on why.