NFL 2017

I thought it was a weak
I'm glad for Foles to have success as he seems to have been jerked around a good bit in his career. Maybe he can get a starting spot out of this once his contract runs out?

If he plays well in the Super Bowl Roseman will flip him for some picks.

That said I'm not too excited about this Superbowl but can't put a finger on why.

It makes sense to me. On one hand, everyone is burnt out on the Pats. And this time, there's not even that interesting of an angle. Brady and Belicheck already broke the record for Super Bowl rings. On the other hand, the franchise can tie, but not pass the Steelers for Super Bowl titles. So, there's not really anything historically significant about it, other than extending the amazing records the Pats already have.

On the other hand, while the Eagles are a great team, most of their best players are offensive linemen and defensive linemen (Fletcher Cox, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Brandon Graham, Brandon Brooks, etc.)... not exactly the sexy marquee guys. They also, to state the obvious, have a backup quarterback, which naturally not getting people excited. I think if this was Wentz vs. Brady, it would have a lot more of a dazzle factor.

Reactions: Draehl
Not sure if I should I should get pissy drunk now or wait until kick off. This has to be the most pyrrhic game I've ever been invested in. As a Giants fan, I can't root for Philly. On the other hand, I can't root for the Patriots as a football fan. Begrudgingly, hometown loyalty will have to prevail.

Fuck yeah! Super Bowl champions. Tom Brady had the ball with two minutes left and we did what the Falcons, Seahawks and Jags couldn’t... our defense fucking stopped him. Nick Foles was phenomenal throughout. Destroyed that defense all day. A well deserved MVP.

No more “where are your rings” bullshit. No more stupid ass Cowboy, Giant, and Racists fans with that crap. We’re fucking champions and this was WITHOUT Carson Wentz. The best part is, this is just the beginning. Great foundation in place going forward.

cool game, amazing how luck played out. Cooks doesnt get headshotted and Gost misses one and his place holder blows another, another Pats win

Don’t want to hear about injuries. We were missing our all-pro QB and LT, plus our starting MLB. Oh yeah, and Daron Sproles. It happens.

As for the missed kicks, if the Eagles make that first PAT, they might have three more points (not chasing the missed point and going for two later). In the end, both teams had their mistakes, and it COULD have gone the other way, but so could of every other Pats Super Bowl (save maybe the first Eagles-Pats SB, which wasn’t as close as score suggests).

In the end the best team in the NFL over the course of the entire season earned the title in one of the best start-to-finish Super Bowls ever. With the exception of Pat fans and fans of the other NFC East teams, it’s hard to not be happy with that game.

the butler thing from the pats side is pretty interesting, wonder if anything more comes from that.

going to disagree on Sproles and Wentz, not like Foles struggled at all and Clement(sp?) was huge

But the player who hit Cooks should have been ejected. And it was weird not seeing the Eagles D show up, especially after Cooks went out.

are you on this Eagles analytics horseshit that's been coming out in the past month or so?

the butler thing from the pats side is pretty interesting, wonder if anything more comes from that.

Yes, that was. You never know with Belichick, but you get the sense the Pats locker is not all on the same page.

going to disagree on Sproles and Wentz, not like Foles struggled at all and Clement(sp?) was huge

That's kind of my point. The Eagles deserved to win the Super Bowl because they were the best TEAM. They had the depth to overcome what could have been devastating injuries. TBH the Pats had no problem moving the ball, so I'm not sure how much the Cooks injury hurt them, but regardless,

But the player who hit Cooks should have been ejected. And it was weird not seeing the Eagles D show up, especially after Cooks went out.

It's actually a legal hit because he was a runner at that point.

are you on this Eagles analytics horseshit that's been coming out in the past month or so?

Are you talking about how they use probability data to determine when to go for it on 4th down and such?

It's actually a legal hit because he was a runner at that point.

last replay i saw he hit his chin first, with his helmet. shouldnt be legal, was too busy bullshitting to hear the technicality

Are you talking about how they use probability data to determine when to go for it on 4th down and such?
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/266982/eagles-secret-weapon-an-analytics-fueled-attack

https://www.google.com/search?q=ana...rome..69i57.1654j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

:lol: all this
TBH the Pats had no problem moving the ball, so I'm not sure how much the Cooks injury hurt them, but regardless,

not having Cooks allowed Eagles to apply more pressure on TB, imo. which is huge and had some importance on the final defensive play

I don't see it as horseshit at all (perhaps some of the writing about it is though). Too many coaches are irrationally conservative and don't play the probabilities correctly. Pederson does. For example, if you go for it on 4th and 1 every time from your 40 onwards, you're usually gonna get it. Will you get burned a few times? Sure. But most the time, it will work, and as a net result, your team will score more points then they would have if you played it conservative. Now that he won a Super Bowl doing it, I bet a ton of teams will shift in that direction, which is honestly good for the game.

not having Cooks allowed Eagles to apply more pressure on TB, imo. which is huge and had some importance on the final defensive play

IIRC the strip sack was on a 4-man rush.

They touched helmets on that hit but most of the force was with his shoulder. It just looked like a fucking car crash because one guy was barely moving and the other was bearing down on him so fast.

They touched helmets on that hit but most of the force was with his shoulder. It just looked like a fucking car crash because one guy was barely moving and the other was bearing down on him so fast.

if i see it again but damn it looked all helmet from the eagles guy

Good game. Still gotta give props to NE coaching on their ability to adapt as the game goes on. Brady may be GOAT, but I don't know if we'll ever see such a great 3 coach combo as we have with the pats. With the OC and DC leaving I wonder how realistic it is for Brady to play that much longer. Sure, he's probably got the talent but if the team around him degrades will he ever want to?

i forgot too, what did you guys think about the clements end of endzone TD? really surprised that one stood. I didn't get the controversy behind Ertz's at all though. goofy ass rules

i forgot too, what did you guys think about the clements end of endzone TD? really surprised that one stood. I didn't get the controversy behind Ertz's at all though. goofy ass rules

I dont see how the ball ever wasnt under control on the clements catch. Assumed thats what the refs went with, but even his third step visibly kicked up some painted endzone that wasnt white. I feel like the announcers put a ton more on those touchdowns than there actually was.

awile ago thought Eagles were horrible and did not like watching them play because they sucked like the Giants, noticed the team started playing good with Foles, but they brushed him off and did not use him, Patiots are a wicked team, but I hope they lose everytime, I was pretty sure Eagles were going to beat the patroits purely because Foles, not that a quarterback makes a team, but not sure why the team would not just use Foles., wicked ass fuckin game.

Last edited: