NFL 2017

@rms : Talk starting about Romo to Bills.

cool with him, just don't know how trade values work compared to the NHL. If he requires a Bradford valuation that sounds legit (1st and a 4th) --- as long as that 1st starts in next years draft and not this one.

Sounds like Gilmore will leave (starting CB) and we're down our starting S so we gotta plug those holes too. idk, almost think we had to contend the last 2 seasons under Rex, and we didn't, so now we should sort of rebuild

cool with him, just don't know how trade values work compared to the NHL. If he requires a Bradford valuation that sounds legit (1st and a 4th) --- as long as that 1st starts in next years draft and not this one.

Sounds like Gilmore will leave (starting CB) and we're down our starting S so we gotta plug those holes too. idk, almost think we had to contend the last 2 seasons under Rex, and we didn't, so now we should sort of rebuild

Expectations among Cowboys trade/draftniks is that Romo's age and health history would limit his value to no more than a 3rd rounder (and/or additional lower picks). Additionally, it is possible Romo is designated a June 1 cut.

only a 3rd? jesus, can't imagine that's what he goes for

Yeah I'm hoping some team gets greedy, but it's possible that teams hold out and hope he gets cut. But he is going to be 37 I think and hasn't played a full season in years (even in 2014, his best year, he missed a game or two).

damn, that's good for us then. but there's also talk our 2WR may leave and Watkins seems to miss 4-6 games per season..hard to tell if it's worth it. Our offensive staff is less appealing than our defensive side so real curious to hear them talk/draft/fa first

I think Romo makes a ton of sense for Houston but currently they aren't sounding interested. Of course that might be mere posturing.

would be more successful in Denver/HOU probably

I agree, but I don't think the cost for Denver makes sense compared to Houston. I think the age situation in Denver + the division situation may mean blowing up the team this year or next year, whereas Houston could make a at least a couple of runs with Romo depending on his health.

Dallas has a lot of ? marks on the defensive side of the ball. Right now Jaylon Smith is getting penciled in to contribute in 2017 which would be huge if it occurs, but it isn't at this point guaranteed. At this point I think they are going to resign as many of their own FAs as is economically efficient, and will draft heavy on the defensive side. Maybe signing some low risk/high reward FA pass rushers or DBs but I'm not aware of any names currently.

Offensively the potential needs are tackle, TE, and WR. Free realllllly needs to be gone, Witten is another year closer to gone (although Swaim was really making a mark before he was unjured, a late round find), and none of the outside receivers are a lock for long term productivity.

What's the cap situation if they cut him? I know he's owed a lot of money. Is it enough that cutting him wouldn't be an option? I have trouble seeing anyone trading for him considering the injury history plus the price. But then again, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought Philly would get a 1st for Bradford. Teams get stupid when it comes to QBs.

As dumb as it sounds, it's frankly in the interest of Dallas to keep him unless some team were to take his full salary. Cutting him or no cost transfer only saves Dallas 5 mil(and costs near 20mil in dead money), which is prob near what they would have to pay for another backup QB , who wouldn't be as good. The only reason Romo *should* go anywhere is if Dallas gets picks and the whole contract transfers. If anything else occurs its pure Jerry sentimentality letting Romo do what he wants.

Drastic things can happen during a game, but what happened towards the end of the game, no fucking way, shit was rigged.

Three defensive holds in the same drive to keep the ball in Brady's hands looked waaaay more suspicious.

Yeah that was the most blatant thing imo. That drive was a morale swinging drive + tired out the defense + "iced" the Falcon O. Ridiculous.

Holds can be called on basically every play. Makes it convenient. Super convenient when it comes on 3 failed third downs in a row.