NFL 2018

You might be the only person on the planet to want a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl. I don't give a shit about the Cowboys, but I wish you nothing but pain and suffering and anguish and death for hoping for the Pats to make it to another SB.

gtfo

Super Bowls including the Pats since the start of the Brady era (classics in bold):
Pats 20 Rams 17 (2nd biggest upset in Super Bowl history)
Pats 32 Panthers 29 (crazy game with 37 4th quarter points)
Pats 24 Eagles 21 (not as close as game suggested... a Reid/McNabb blooper reel)
Giants 17 Patriots 14 (3rd biggest upset in Super Bowl history)
Giants 21 Patriots 17 (not the best teams, but a tight game that went to the wire)
Patriots 28 Seahawks 24 (tight game with big swings and a crazy ending)
Patriots 34 Falcons 28 (OT) (biggest comeback in Super Bowl history)
Eagles 41 Patriots 33 (most yards in a NFL game ever, most points in a Super Bowl, crazy finish)

Now let's look at the non-Pats Super Bowls during this time frame:
Bucs 48 Raiders 21 (Rich Gannon vs. Brad Johnson in a blowout. One of the worst Super Bowls ever)
Steelers 21 Seahawks 10 (Arguably the worst Super Bowl ever, as the officiating was beyond terrible)
Colts 29 Bears 17 (Sloppy game most remembered for Rex Grossman being Rex Grossman)
Steelers 27 Cardinals 23 (Epic game with tons of memorable plays and a dramatic ending. Objectively, I still think this is the best football game I've ever watched)
Saints 31 Colts 17 (This was actually a pretty great game with two Hall of Fame QBs and an exciting finish)
Packers 31 Steelers 25 (Not as good as the score suggests. A blowout in the first half. Steelers came back but couldn't muster a final drive).
Ravens 34 49ers 31 (Pretty crazy game with the Ravens owning the first half, the 49ers making a pretty great comeback, but the Ravens ultimately getting the goal line stand).
Seahawks 43 Broncos 8 (An absolute beatdown from start to finish)
Broncos 24 Panthers 10 (Really slow and boring game)

So remind me, why is it so terrible if the Pats make the Super Bowl?

Reactions: zerostatic
Why are you always a confrontational know-it-all dick for no reason? I can't believe you spent that much time writing that post and not smart enough to realize that I simply hate the Patriots and wish the worst for them, and as I've said 529358209835 times, I acknowledge it's not rational and I'm simply tired of watching them win.

I actually agree that a lot of the SB's they've played in were entertaining, especially the ones they lost. But if I had a choice I would choose them never making it to the SB in the first place. Why? Because I hate the Patriots. Duh.

If you weren't trying to be a dick I apologize but that's how you came off.

The Colts looked slow and flat out of the gate, and the offense never looked in sync. Did the Chiefs learn defense over the bye week?

Honestly the Andy Reid factor kept me thinking the Colts would pull it out until halfway through the 4th. Betting AV retires this offseason after that showing.

You might be the only person on the planet to want a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl. I don't give a shit about the Cowboys, but I wish you nothing but pain and suffering and anguish and death for hoping for the Pats to make it to another SB.

gtfo

This post clearly isn't just talking about you. Neither was my post.

Why are you always a confrontational know-it-all dick for no reason? I can't believe you spent that much time writing that post and not smart enough to realize that I simply hate the Patriots and wish the worst for them, and as I've said 529358209835 times, I acknowledge it's not rational and I'm simply tired of watching them win.

Now out of nowhere, you act like it was all about you. Maybe I seem like a know-it-all if you're always making stupid posts like this and I have to put you in your place. Honestly, I don't know, since I don't remember anything you've ever posted other than some car pics and Peyton Manning memes.

This post clearly isn't just talking about you. Neither was my post.

Now out of nowhere, you act like it was all about you. Maybe I seem like a know-it-all if you're always making stupid posts like this and I have to put you in your place. Honestly, I don't know, since I don't remember anything you've ever posted other than some car pics and Peyton Manning memes.

We've been talking about football for years on this forum. I remember quite a bit of what you've said in the past. Either you're daft or pretending, which is it?

We've been talking about football for years on this forum. I remember quite a bit of what you've said in the past. Either you're daft or pretending, which is it?

I remember you fanboying hard on Peyton even when he had peg legs and I remember you being pissed when the Colts released him. I remember you getting into lots of Brady vs. Peyton arguments. Other than that, I don’t remember many specifics. If I remember correctly, you weren’t too excited about Luck when the Colts drafted him, but maybe that had more to do with him not being Peyton. I honestly can’t remember a thing you’ve said since Peyton retired.

Anyway, more importantly, the Cowboys are OUT! Great to see their defense get pushed around like rag dolls for most of the game. Hopefully the Eagles pull it out tomorrow, but regardless, I can rest knowing the Cowboys will go another year without a ring.

I look forward to Dak (the poster) complaining about the B.S. “in the grasp” sack on Dak (the QB) and making it like that was the primary reason they lost.

I hate when people just focus on their hatred for other teams. Fucking pathetic.

So yea, Dallas got completely outplayed in that one. They werent quite playing with their A-game though, too bad.

Eagles are going to be a different team than when they played the Saints earlier in the season so I definitely do not expect a blowout, but I'll be surprised to see them win.

Aside from wanting the Saints to win just as a fan, I really don't want to have to listen to Fargo sports fans being obnoxious and insufferable about yet another team. An NDSU player goes to a team and suddenly they're the best team ever (aside from their pathetic Vikings.)

Why? That’s half the fun of sports. You have your teams that you love, but they can’t play in every game. Having your teams you hate give you way more games to be emotionally invested in.

Im talking about how some people just focus on how much they hate team x rather than expressing any interest in the sport otherwise. The rivalries can be fun, but people get stupid about it to the point where it just gets annoying. King Richard is being annoying, he can fuck off as far as im concerned.

There were some more adventures in reffing in the Rams/Cowboys game, but when you give up almost 300 yards on the ground and the strength of your D is supposed to be the run, you don't deserve to win. When the strength of your offense is supposed to be running the ball and you can't get 50 yards, you don't deserve to win.

Well, I guess I'll be pulling for the Chiefs. I'm torn between my desire to see not-the-other-teams-left win and not wanting ever more media fellating of Mahomes.

Eat me bandwagoner.

Pat's have been my team ever since I got into football at college over 10 years ago, but nice try. You strike me as the type of guy who would get in a fist fight over fandom, or cheer injuries when they happen to teams you hate. Too many of these people exist and it's just pathetic.

Massively disappointed by the Chargers. They’re a much better team than this, but the Pats superior coaching is on full display. They had the perfect plan to disrupt Rivers.

Guess I’ll be rooting for Big Red to somewhow not fuck things up against Belichick for once in his life. The Chiefs are more talented, but the coaching edge has me weary on this one. I think the Chiefs’ best bet is to have a great plan A and take it to the Pats from the get-go. Reid’s strength is his pregame prep. However, if this is close in the 4th quarter, I can already see 20 pathways for Reid to fuck it up.

Reactions: Dak