NFL 2017

Yeah but it's a real bummer shadys gonna be hurting. We're ridiculously boring with him out. Jags D so good anyways he might not have a chance any way. Might be a 6-3 game haha

Not far off.

My god what a terrible game. The winner should just forfeit the next game out of embarrassment of how it's going to go.

I actually enjoyed watching the Jags defense, but Bortles is terrible. He could barely complete a screen. Hard to imagine them winning in Pittsburgh with this hack at QB. If I was the Jags' GM, I'd put all my energy into getting Kirk Cousins in the offseason. They'd be a legit Super Bowl contender with an above average (but not great) quarterback.

I'm thinking best case scenario is Saints knock off Minnesota and Falcons play the NFC game in New Orleans. I don't think we can do it in Minnesota.

So fucking proud of this team. To win without your MVP quarterback or your top-5 left tackle against the defending NFC champions is an amazing feat. The Eagles had way more big mistakes in the game too (lost turnover battle 2-0 and missed a PAT). To overcome all of that says a lot about what this team is made of. I thought the o-line and d-line is what won the game for us tonight. Foles was solid after the first quarter and played within the game.

Hell of a hame. Jacksonville's offense really came through today. The Jags D was great early, but Rothelisburger basically did what he wanted as the game progressed. However, the Jags responded every time the Steelers scored. Not at all what I expected, but very impressive.

I thought Mike Tomlin had a terrible game. I hated the 4th and inches calls- a toss out wide and an intermediate pass. Why not just pound it up the middle (where they were actually having success running the ball) or have your giant QB sneak it? Then, the onside kick call was terrible. It's a low probability play. Sure, the Steelers' D was getting demolished, but with a predictable run situation, you have to like your chances of getting a 3-and-out over recovering the onside kick.

My god what a terrible game. The winner should just forfeit the next game out of embarrassment of how it's going to go.

LOL

Yeah, I was ridiculously wrong there. Defense really came through.

In the first 1.5 quarters yes, but after that, Rothilsberger torched them. The Jags offense deserves a lot of credit for today’s win.

As for the late game, that was freaking crazy. Terrible defense there by the Saints at the end. Fun game, though I really didn’t know who to root for. The Vikings defense will be a tough matchup for the Eagles as they’re excellent against the run. But, this does look like a game that will come down to the battles in the trenches, and that’s a fight that we are capable of winning.

Predictions for today?

For Jags and Patriots, I'm tentatively picking the Patriots, but I could see it going either way. In any case, it will be fun watching Brady throw a mid-game hissy fit over being harassed by the defense.

Vikes and Eagles is on too late for me to watch, but I'm looking forward to watching the highlights tomorrow. I think the two match up pretty well, but I think the Vikings have the edge on defense and at quarterback (never thought I'd say that about Case Keenum), and that'll give them a close victory.

I think the Pats win, but it depends on how serious the Brady injury is. Take away Brady and Jacksonville is the more talented team, so with that said, this is a very tough game to call.

Pats 24 Jags 16

The NFC teams are really evenly matched, but I think the Eagles are going to win the battle in the trenches. That plus homefield (crowd will be rabid) and coaching will be the difference.

Eagles 16 Vikings 13

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
The NFC teams are really evenly matched, but I think the Eagles are going to win the battle in the trenches. That plus homefield (crowd will be rabid) and coaching will be the difference.

Eagles 16 Vikings 13

Yeah, I hesitated on picking the Vikings on account of the Philly crowd. I've been to a Redskins game before and wouldn't have any fears with wearing a Cowboys jersey to a game, let alone walking the streets of DC, but no fucking way would I even consider stepping foot into Philly with Cowboys memorabilia.