NFL 2017

I've been a Dez defender all season, but I've given up on him at this point. I think one of the issues is with Romo he was a deep threat. With Dak, Garrett is simply not calling any deep balls. Dez was never hot with catches within 10 yards and now it's like he's psyching himself out.

Priorities in the next draft need to be putting some talent in the receiving corp and filling the holes in the offensive line. A new playbook would be nice too. Out with the vanilla. Bring the shots downfield back. Teams that depend wholly on their running back don't make championships.

It seems like Cowboys fans want to point the finger at everything except the regression of Dak Prescott. Ironically, I think Eagles fans have been there when we bought into Nick Foles after his 27 TD 2 int season. Not saying Prescott is THAT mediocre, but Cowboys fans need to start acknowledging Prescott’s role in the team’s regression.

As for the Eagles, this is about as unexciting as a 13-2, 1st place season can feel. It feels more like I’m rooting for a 6 seed than a 1 seed. Foles was anemic last night and if the defense hadn’t created 5 turnovers, we would have been beat soundly. Now, granted, the o-line and receivers didn’t have their best game, so we’re capable of playing much better on offense, even if Foles is struggling. However, we’re gonna need A games from a lot of pieces to beat someone like the Rams or Panthers in round 2, let alone following that up with the Vikings/Saints and Steelers/Pats.

Obviously hoping for the Eagles make it but not expecting it. I’m pretty confident the Pats will win in the AFC and really can’t envision anyone other than the Pats or Steelers going.
On the other hand, I could see any NFC team making it. Vikings are the favorites, but not significantly.

Probably Pats-Min with Pats winning soundly in the Super Bowl.

Agreed on Minnesota. The Falcons don't really deserve the playoffs this year. We can beat the Rams in the wildcard game but are done after that...In a way I'd rather the Seahawks won as they'd make a better run of it. The more I see of Wilson the more I love his play.

Falcons could make the Super Bowl. Are you telling me you couldn’t see Ryan getting hot and outplaying Nick Foles and Case Kenum in back-to-back games?

Matt? Sure. He's had a couple bad games, but overall has had a solid year. Better than the stats would indicate- especially on the interception front with most not even being his fault. Even if he plays his best though our problem is so.many.dropped.passes and a much weaker run game than last year.

Congrats @rms Bills have a great fanbase and deserve to see their team in the playoffs. Also, I’m glad I don’t have to watch that boring-ass Ravens team in the playoffs. Bills-Jags in round one.

Yeah but it's a real bummer shadys gonna be hurting. We're ridiculously boring with him out. Jags D so good anyways he might not have a chance any way. Might be a 6-3 game haha

Matt? Sure. He's had a couple bad games, but overall has had a solid year. Better than the stats would indicate- especially on the interception front with most not even being his fault. Even if he plays his best though our problem is so.many.dropped.passes and a much weaker run game than last year.

True. You’re team is still more than capable though.

Yeah but it's a real bummer shadys gonna be hurting. We're ridiculously boring with him out. Jags D so good anyways he might not have a chance any way. Might be a 6-3 game haha

Is he definitely gonna be out?

Wild Card predictions?

Titans 10 Chiefs 27
Falcons 28 Rams 31
Bills 13 Jaguars 23
Panthers 23 Saints 31

And just the hell of it:

Divisional:
Pats over Chiefs
Steelers over Jags
Saints over Eagles
Rams over Vikings

Championships:
Pats over Steelers
Saints over Rams

Super Bowl:
Pats over Saints

Last edited:
Interesting piece of journalism. As a Pat's fan, I do find the release of Jimmy G to be troubling, but I think a lot of this article is attempting to over dramatize a situation that isnt nearly as bad as it seems. I think it can be summed up pretty easily: Kraft loves Brady and wants him to be at NE until he retires. Belichick may disagree, but we are currently number 1 seed in the AFC. This team had been set up since before the season even started to be the most stacked Pats team in history, presumably so that TB could lead the Pats to one more SB before retiring. Unfortunately our check-down receiver Edelman got injured in the pre-season, making our offense look less impressive all season than it should have.

The team is still good right now, but long term definitely has some unresolved issues at QB and potentially coaching with a few of the coaches being head coach candidates. Imo this is the last chance Brady has at another SB win. Im not sure if I believe the rumors, but if Belichick leaves (along with Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels), then I could see a few losing seasons ahead of us, as well as a potentially early retirement for TB. I think ill just play the waiting game to see what happens before I try to predict the future of such a secretive team. Hopefully there isnt too much drama that it effects the immediate playoff games we have in store for us atm.