NHL 2014

I think the Sabres have the best farm system right now, since TB has everyone graduating.

Yeah, Buffalo is pretty damn loaded in some areas.

While not having an overall top prospect pool, the Wings have one of the best groups of defensive prospects in the league at the moment down in GR - especially considering none of our guys are top level picks

Xavier Ouellet - QMJHL first team all star two years in a row 2011/12 - 2012/13
Ryan Sproul - CHL defensemen of the year 2012/13, AHL all rookie team 2013/14 (Higher ceiling than any player that is in the Wings organization outside of Mantha...Weber-esque potential, though reaching that is unlikely)
Alexey Marchenko - spent good a good few years playing in the KHL, two great playoff runs for him that he contributed 29 points in 36 games total
Mattias Backman - played in the SEL, good two way player, contributed to the 2012 Sweden WJC gold medal with 3 assists in 6 games
Nick Jensen - probably the best defenseman prospect purely in terms of skating ability - First-Team All-American 2012–13 (Danny DeKeyser was only second team!)

and then we've got Mantha, Athanasiou, Pulkkinen, and Mrazek?

It isn't a top 3-5 pool, but the future is looking pretty bright especially if we can land a top six center prospect

I just worry about you guys with forwards, Tatar and Nyquist is awesome but I think that's it for yu guys? Can't see Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg lasting more than 2 seasons..especially Franzen

I'm only really worried about our lack of good center prospects. Sheahan has been good, but outside of him we have Janmark who is iirc a converted winger playing in NA for the first time this year.

As far as other forwards go we have Mantha who might be the best potential goal scoring forward prospect any team in the league has, Athanasiou is a speed demon who should be a 2nd / 3rd tweener with a scoring touch, Pulkkinen is a potential top six player as well and before an injury his draft year he was a projected first rounder

we are in some trouble though without a top six center prospect tho

Lol every team that was leading their series is letting it slip away. Habs, Hawks, Kings, and Pens all pissing away leads. Almost every series has been close.

If the Rangers win game 7 it's completely deserved on their part. There's no excuse whatsoever for even letting this series go this far. They needed to put the Rangers away tonight and failed miserably.

lundspray.gif

I'm just hoping that if all this does result in a choke (which it probably will) that it's the straw that breaks the camel's back for Pen's management and ownership. Start making big changes.

I'm seriously nervous for tonight's game.. Come on Rangers! Lundqvist Kreider, Brassard, St. Louis and John Moore, show them what you got. Make me proud! :kickass: