NHL 2014

I think the Pens GM has put together fairly stacked rosters...its the Coach that seems to have lost his team and not getting the most out of them. Kind of like he did with his US team in the Olympics...the fucknut!

I think Torts will step back and then resurface in the right organization. He ended up doing horrible in Vanc...but i question some of the commitment level in players there too.

As far as GMs...im not sure. Do know that the Bs org has director of scouting Benning rumored for the Nucks GM. Don Sweeney is also a solid GM in the making. Bs want to retain both and have shortened both their windows from outside offers.

The Pens biggest problem is that they don't have depth. They've got high top end talent, but nothing below that to back it up and step in when needed to.

I mean there were points when Taylor Pyatt and Tanner Glass were playing with Sidney Crosby...how? How does that even happen?

As a Wings fan I bitch and moan about how Babcock weighs down Dats with players like Abdelkader, but Abdelkader would be a major upgrade over those two...

and its mostly because they don't have those guys to play those positions it seems. Beau Bennett seems to be their only promising young winger really.

I think the Pens GM has put together fairly stacked rosters...its the Coach that seems to have lost his team and not getting the most out of them. Kind of like he did with his US team in the Olympics...the fucknut!

I think Torts will step back and then resurface in the right organization. He ended up doing horrible in Vanc...but i question some of the commitment level in players there too.

As far as GMs...im not sure. Do know that the Bs org has director of scouting Benning rumored for the Nucks GM. Don Sweeney is also a solid GM in the making. Bs want to retain both and have shortened both their windows from outside offers.

Personally the next GM of the Pens is probably screwed. They have tons of gaps and little cap room and they will either ride w/ Bylsma and lose or fire and probably have limited success.

The Pens biggest problem is that they don't have depth. They've got high top end talent, but nothing below that to back it up and step in when needed to.

I mean there were points when Taylor Pyatt and Tanner Glass were playing with Sidney Crosby...how? How does that even happen?

As a Wings fan I bitch and moan about how Babcock weighs down Dats with players like Abdelkader, but Abdelkader would be a major upgrade over those two...

and its mostly because they don't have those guys to play those positions it seems. Beau Bennett seems to be their only promising young winger really.

But last year Shero did everything to get forward talent/depth and what happened? Why would he want to spend everything again for lackluster success? Jokinien was a depth player and led the Pens in goals, while Neal and Kunitz were bums. Let's not ignore that.

The problem mostly comes from their poor drafting. They seem to hit it out of the park every so often, but no just solid depth guys. way too "boom or bust"

They were drafting D men, which is probably smarter for the long term. I did a research thing and they had some busts, i'll post it here.

07 Angelo Esposito 20 – Could have grabbed Pacioretty, Blum(D), Backlund or Brendan Smith
Keven Veilleux 51 – Could have gotten Galiardi(depth forward?) or Simmonds but not to much talent in the 2nd round this year
3rd round of 07 I only notice 2 NHL’ers (Tropp and N Palmieri ) so won’t call that a mistake for any team in particular

08 1st rounder went for Dupuis & Hossa – Pretty damn good trade if you ask me; Both 1st and 2nd round picks off Pittsburgh went to nobodies, as well as the third. 2nd rounder went for Hal Gill

09 Depres selected, looks to be solid. Could have taken ROR as he went 33(Depres was 30) but that is a mistake a lot of teams made. .2nd rounder to D Samuelsson; only 5gp with Pens. 3rd rounder traded up for Hanowski(RW) who is now with CGY and done nothing

10 Bennett selected 1st round (20), looks good. Could have drafted Kuznetsov(26) or Pysyk (23) Etem (29) B Nelson (30) but I say that’s a good pick, Kuz did sit in Russia for like 4 more years. Lost a 2nd rounder for Leopold(we traded him for 2 2nds so good job Shero?) Brickley was picked in the 2nd, and I don’t recognize any name past his in the 2nd round so looks smart to me. Some guy named Rust was taken @ 80, 81-90 are a bunch of nobodies to me except Nordstrom (Hawks depth forward) so I guess that’s a mistake? haha

11 Morrow selected and hasn’t done much, traded for B Morrow and 3rd rounder so guess that is a good rental so far? Only good player taken after him was Namestinkov who is a good F with TBL/Norfolk so maybe a mistake? Morrow 23rd and Name was 27th so few teams missed him. Harrington selected @ 54, missed Sproul and Kucherov so that could be a big mistake. Sproul is supposedly awesome future Red Wings D and Kuch is already earned a spot on TBL 3/4 lines. Lost their 3rd rounder, the names after them are nobodies to me so looks like a wash.

12 – Staal trade gets them Pouliot @ 8, should have taken Trouba who went 9th. Maata taken 22nd, good pick and the guys after him are nothing compared to him. 52nd they took some Latvian, the rest of the picks are nobodies. 2 3rd round picks, could have selected Andersen(ANA goalie for depth) instead of this Matt Murray but that’s about it.

13 – Lost their 1st round pick for Iginla, fair trade? I would say so.2nd round took a goalie at 44, could have taken Bailey from us? But too early to tell. Carrier is up there too. Tyler Kennedy trade gets them a pick that they traded, probably should have kept him but don’t know why he was ditched.

So I guess I conclude that not taking Trouba was a mistake, and the selections in the 1st/2nd rounds in 2011 look bad but that’s about it. I’d say Shero did a fine job personally. 07 and not taking Pacioretty is pretty huge, but I don’t know/remember scouting reports back then.

lengthy, but not too many gm's have a higher track record than that(fuck you DET, BOS, CHI!)

Eh, go back to Sweden!

Honestly, the Kings are the better team. The Ducks have too much deadweight on their backend, and they only have 3 legitimate top 6 forwards. Some moves definitely need to be made in the offseason. Still happy with the season though, considering most people thought this team would only be a wild card team at best.

Still, Fuck LA and their fans. So fucking obnoxious.

Every successful team gets bandwagon fans, it's just inevitable. I have the euro mentality of supporting the hometown team. I can't in good conscience support any team other than LA. When I was living in Sweden I was a diehard Avalanche fan because of Forsberg, but now that moved here I can't give two shits bout them.

And the real reason why Kings fans are obnoxious is because their Stanley cup victory brought in a horde of fans that never even watched hockey before. It was the worst time as the Lakers really started sucking then too, so Kings was the only LA team doing well in sports. Prior to that victory, the few existing Kings fans were shrouded in darkness and misery from 40+ years of failure.

They fired Shero and KEPT Bylsma. I'm shocked and extremely disappointed. They needed to fire Bylsma first and foremost. I suspect next year will be another waste. I can't say how disappointed I am. They both needed to go, not just one over the other.

But some reports say they are still evaluating him and other people so I'm hopeful. Come on make the right decision. The penguins need new management and a new coach. They need a lot of other things too but it all starts there in my opinion.

They still might fire Bylsma later on.

And the real reason why Kings fans are obnoxious is because their Stanley cup victory brought in a horde of fans that never even watched hockey before. It was the worst time as the Lakers really started sucking then too, so Kings was the only LA team doing well in sports. Prior to that victory, the few existing Kings fans were shrouded in darkness and misery from 40+ years of failure.

It's definitely been worse since the Cup win, but the Kings still had plenty of bad fans before the Cup win. I remember going to Staples back in like, '09, and getting plenty of shit for wearing a Ducks jersey, and I was like 13. I have no problem with the respectful Kings fans that I know, but fuck the douchey ones. And fuck Bailey too.

And btw, aren't you out towards Ontario or something? If so, technically you're closer to Anaheim ;)

...I'm joining the Habs bandwagon now.

Apparently there are rumors that the Penguins are willing to pay Detroit the money to buy out Babcock's contract and give him a coach/gm position. I'm fine with Babs eventually leaving, because it's inevitable in the near future, but not to Pittsburgh...... god not that

edit: go kings or rangers

Wow 5-1 that sucks if you're a Ducks fan. I'm on the Habs bandwagon right now myself too so yeah. I wanna see a Habs/Kings final. I think the Hawks have enough wins for awhile, they need to start losing.

Apparently there are rumors that the Penguins are willing to pay Detroit the money to buy out Babcock's contract and give him a coach/gm position. I'm fine with Babs eventually leaving, because it's inevitable in the near future, but not to Pittsburgh...... god not that

That's been a rumor for ahwile now and I highly doubt any of it's true. They still haven't fired Bylsma yet so who the hell knows what's gonna happen.

They fired Shero and KEPT Bylsma. I'm shocked and extremely disappointed. They needed to fire Bylsma first and foremost. I suspect next year will be another waste. I can't say how disappointed I am. They both needed to go, not just one over the other.

But some reports say they are still evaluating him and other people so I'm hopeful. Come on make the right decision. The penguins need new management and a new coach. They need a lot of other things too but it all starts there in my opinion.

Just because he is still there doesn't mean he won't be fired. He's there for now and the new gm will decide whether he stays or goes.

That game was fucking bullshit. Guess it takes someones Mother to die to actually start playing as a team...

No disrespect I feel for the guy, but it's exactly what's going on lol...

Montreal was horrible that game. No reason for that type of effort. They better be better next game.