NHL playoffs 2013 thread!

LEAFS! Finally in the playoffs again.
Very talened bunch of players, maybe still a bit to young to lift up that stanley cup..but meh you never know.
If only a team can catch that momentum the weirdest things can happen.

I thank the iPad with NHL app which allows me to watch the game(s) live for the last couple of years.

On a sidenote, I am actually really excited with the Winter Classic game 2014. Already bought the special jersey, insane shipping prices to Holland..you won't believe it. The jersey was 160CAD (customized) and 80CAD(!) shipping.

^ I truly hope the Leafs will beat the Bruins! Even if we are rivals, I'm happy to see the leafs finally making the playoffs.

LET'S GO RANGERS!

^^^This!!!^^^

I also hope the Leafs beat the Bruins as I can't stand the Bruins.

I've mentioned this before in other threads - even though I root for every other New England team in every other major sport and was born in Boston, I can't stand the Bruins. My family moved to Connecticut early in my life and my father worked for Avco Financial, the company that sponsored the WHA championship trophy, the Avco Cup. Well, we also got discounted season tickets to the, at the time New England Whalers, more commonly known as the Hartford Whalers when they joined the NHL. I went to probably over 450 games in the Whalers years in Hartford before they broke my heart and departed to N. Carolina as the Hurricanes.

During those NHL years I built up an intense hatred for the Boston Bruins so when I finally decided to support the NHL after a few year boycott over the Whale leaving, I could not bring myself to support the Bruins as my local team. Fortunately the New York Rangers AHL team moved into the Hartford Civic Center as the Hartford Wolf Pack and slowly but surely after going to many Wolf Pack games I started following the Rangers as well.

All that said I've been an avid Rangers fan for the past 12 years or so.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

I'm a diehard Bruins fan. But even I think they'll be hard pressed to make it out of the first round, even after last night's total drubbing of the Leafs. One game is only one game, and they played like total crap down the stretch.

To be honest, though, I've watched less than 1 hour TOTAL of NHL hockey this year. I've gone to plenty AHL games, but after the 3rd freaking lockout, I lost my patience with Gary Bettman and Jeremy Jacobs. I haven't given them any of my time, and none of my money on tickets or merch.

I actually haven't found myself missing it, either. Granted, I've been very busy with work, grad school, family, and some health issues, but when the game is on TV, I find myself picking up a book or doing something else.

The pens beating the islanders and getting past the first round for the first time in 2 years makes me believe they are going to the finals. I think the islanders were the toughest opponent in the east despite their seed. Im calling Pens vs capitals in the eastern conference finals and pens vs sharks
in the finals. Oh man I can't wait until tickets for round 2 against the senators go on sale.

Fnak yeah! Go Leafs Go!
Nice comback from 1-3 to a 3-3 tie in the playoffs... now go and put that 7th game in your pocket!

They most likely will. The Bruins are pulling their usual disappearing act. I'm expecting another 3-1 blown series lead like against the Flyers a few years back. No one's scoring, the powerplay sucks (has for years), Julien refuses to swap his lines around, and the defense is hurting.

Reimer looked like shit in the first 3 games... but he found his confidence, and now the piss poor Bruins offense can't do a damn thing.

Fucking Leafs. It's the end of regulation and they blew a 4-1 lead, allowing two goals to tie it in the last 98 seconds.

At least my Rangers are winning at the end of the second period.

Leafs choke. Rangers up 5 - 0 and Henrik Lundqvist won't let up that lead like Reimer did. Bruins and my Rangers in round two. Time for my true Bruins hatred to come out (have I mentioned my son and his girlfriend are fanatical Bruins fans).

GO RANGERS!!!!

Well the representing teams have been decided, it's the Bruins representing the East and the Blackhawks from the West (an original six showdown). So what's the end result going to be?

Personally, my Bruins hatred (despite being Boston born and huge fan of every other Boston team) runs deep so even though some might opt to support their favorite teams conference, I can't bring myself to root for the team from Boston so I'm throwing all my support behind Chicago.

Go BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!

Chicago in 6, but quite possibly it will take 7, is my prediction.