Nick Drake

another good band with acoustic guitar and nicel yrics are death in june.
one person left there now me thinks
check out "fall apart" and "rose clouds of holocaust"

Originally posted by Don Corleone
D Mullholand - how could you not recommend "boatman's call"?????????????? it is his best album!!!! and there is also "murder ballads"...an album full of murder!
also, no one liked it much but i loved it, i recommend his last album: "no more shall we part".

Yeah 'Boatmans Call' is my favourite. There aint a weak song on there.

if you go to google.com and type in
nick drake mp3
you'll find a site called iguana i think. i'm not sure what it is exactly but look for
tanworth in arden 1 & 2 home recordings.
then download:
dont think twice its alright
fly
place to be
been smokin too long
and whatever you like, you may need to eq it a bit...enjoy!

Nick Drake is great. I honestly don't know of any artists that are as good as Drake at doing what Drake just does.

I can't really vouch for this too much because I've only heard one song... but there's a new artist named Jack Johnson that reminded me of Drake. Probably takes influence from him. His single "Flake" was alright... but be sure to get all the Nick Drake CDs before you look into the secondary artists! :lol:

i just downloaded "dont think tw..." and i must say i must i definitely fell in love with it. all these years ive been used to listening to it from dylan, so it is not that easy for me to say it's better than the original, but this is great! but so far, my favorite nick drake is "mogwai" that acoustic song without any bass. THAT ONE IS DIVINE!

hey i heard one or two tracks from Nick Drake yesterday, and it reminded me of some artist called Raz Ohara. if you ever had the chance to listen to his album called 'The Last Legend', it's just plain good. try songs 'True Feelin', 'This' A Beautiful Day' or 'Reality' - good stuff.

as far as Nick Drake concerned... although almost all songs are really impressive, I really prefer the 'Five Leaves Left' and 'Way to Blue' albums.

One of the tracks I don't really like is Hazey Jane ll, it's just a tad silly imho.

daan, is the 'come and die young' album really different from 'rock action' ? do you think i could like it? what does it sound like? cheers mate!