NIGHT WISH FIRST U.S TOUR DATES...

incredible that they haven't announced a singer yet.

Funny that they would start booking a tour without a singer. :loco:

i guess by 2008 we'll all know how she will be received. Jeez, the anticipation!!

dont quote me on this but i am pretty sure they have had(or at least known) who the singer was gonna be since probably a few months back. According to things Glenn has said, bands usually book things way in advance so they wouldnt have even contemplated in booking these shows if they hadnt had a sure, signed-and-sealed contract with a new singer already.

As others have mentioned, I'll hold off celebrating till it's on Nightwish's website. And even then you can't be sure as their appearance at the New England Hardcore & Metal Fest was the one show they were officially signed on for and they had to back out of it.

dont quote me on this but i am pretty sure they have had(or at least known) who the singer was gonna be since probably a few months back. According to things Glenn has said, bands usually book things way in advance so they wouldnt have even contemplated in booking these shows if they hadnt had a sure, signed-and-sealed contract with a new singer already.

I disagree. I think that they just know based on their timeline when they will select their singer, practice, and then tour. Its not difficult when its all in their court. Plus, they have now closed audition submissions, so I'm sure they are near the end of their search.

I agree with Cheiron, as to whether they all ready have the singer, i would say with auditions closed, they are now narrowing the list to a short list of 10 or so, and then will bring those in for in person auditions. As to who the top candidates are hmmmmmmmmmmm i have no idea. But i will say that i hope our Colleen is in that top group as i believe she is.

Yeah, Colleen Gray aka 13ShadesofGray on the forum. If you haven't heard her sing, then you have missed having your ears kissed by an angel.

Wow, that is awesome. I haven't been on the forums too long and was unaware of this. Is there anywhere online where I can listen to her or anything? Thanks.

I agree with Cheiron, as to whether they all ready have the singer, i would say with auditions closed, they are now narrowing the list to a short list of 10 or so, and then will bring those in for in person auditions. As to who the top candidates are hmmmmmmmmmmm i have no idea.
Actually they have had about 10 canditates brought in one by one for personal audition and training sessions with the band since early last summer. Some of them auditioned during their 8-week "summer camp", some later at the studio after they started recording instruments for the new album last September.
Few of the candidates also have been taken to spend some leisure time with the band in order the guys to get acquainted with them and see if their personality will match with the band. After all, they are a metalband and it certainly takes guts to cope with the bunch when they let it loose. (Those who seen the first two DVDs may have a clue :p )

Marco revealed before Christmas, that they had almost narrowed the seach into one strong canditate, and he'd think she would win, but he wasn't sure by the time if she had won 100% votes from all of the members needed to make the final decision. They also had promised to listen all demos arrived by Jan 16 and give fair chance to everyone applying in time. Chances that a latecomer would convince them over the person(s) they had in mind already seemed to be quite slim, though.

Since last fall Tuomas has been very confident about the future in his interviews, which makes it sound like they really have something in their sleeve, just waiting the scheduled date to arrive before taking any official actions.

Thanks for the update, I am just curious as to who those candiates are??? I wonder if any of the rumors that were out there are in fact maybe somewhat true ie. NICOLE BOGNAR, SIMONE, or maybe just some darkhorse.

Even though i am not a huge fan, if they go to Jaxx, i will be there. Hope they play Ghost Love Score.

I'm hoping they play Jaxx ... I'd really like to get the chance to see Nightwish (never seen them before) and I don't have the money to travel to see them this year, so hopefully they will book a date a Jaxx. If I remember correctly, they are one of the many bands that have been on the calendar page as an "upcoming band," but then again some of those bands have been on that list for months and others appeared on there the day after their most recent show at Jaxx (Sonata Arctica). :lol: Oh, well. Here's to hoping for a MD/DC/VA date to get added to the Nightwish tour. :headbang:

As others have mentioned, I'll hold off celebrating till it's on Nightwish's website. And even then you can't be sure as their appearance at the New England Hardcore & Metal Fest was the one show they were officially signed on for and they had to back out of it.
Good points.

http://www.nightwish.com/en/news

I checked the NW forum and found this:

"The Vault has removed the dates from their website, as has blabbermouth. Since it is way too early to spread potentially false rumors about gigs, I will delete this list and close the topic."

http://www.nightwish.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32324

I had a feeling that it was bullshit, but I was still excited for the possibility at the time!

OH MY GOD! OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!! CULTURE ROOM!!!!!

:HAS A FUCKING HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

WHAT A GREAT THIGN TO SEE RIGHT NOW !! OMG IM GONNA CRY LMAO

=x

Not to piss in anyone's cornflakes...but they were supposed to play orlando a couple of years ago, remember? I will hope for the best...be first in line for tix...but will not believe it until I see them onstage.

It may be true. But I think with what happened the last 2x, my enthusiam will wait. A lot of the problem lies with the clubs. They're so fast to announce (or leak) before they even have anything in writing. Selling tickets was also a complete BS move. The New England fest was the only thing they were officially signed on for and everything else was in the works. It seemed like everyone but Tarja was fully onboard to do the US tour and right before everything was settled, she became a diva. Which is why I really won't miss her. If she's the reason they wouldn't come back to the states, then good riddance.
I'm just glad I didn't rush to purchase a ticket and end up screwed over like so many others (ticketbastard doesn't refund the "convenience" fee)

Seems that whoever put the dates on The Vault didn't have the management's permission to launch the ticket sales and the dates yet.
An unauthorized early start of ticket sales happened in fall 2004 for the scheduled spring 2005 tour, which then lead into big troubles when Tarja refused to tour the States like the management had planned and signed contracts for. Makes anybody quite careful to avoid another hassle, doesn't it?

Didn't Glenn say that Nightwishs's Ameican agent was kind of left out last fall when he asked about their confirmation to PP VIII ?
Is there still communication problems within the Nw camp ??? :erk:

Seems that whoever put the dates on The Vault didn't have the management's permission to launch the ticket sales and the dates yet.
An unauthorized early start of ticket sales happened in fall 2004 for the scheduled spring 2005 tour, which then lead into big troubles when Tarja refused to tour the States like the management had planned and signed contracts for. Makes anybody quite careful to avoid another hassle, doesn't it?

Didn't Glenn say that Nightwishs's Ameican agent was kind of left out last fall when he asked about their confirmation to PP VIII ?
Is there still communication problems within the Nw camp ??? :erk:
Hope not, but it does feel like it could be true. :confused:

As for last year's ticket debacle, I guess we've all learned that just because tickets go on sale, that doesn't mean the tour is definite. Seems it should be, but apparently not. I bought blocks of tickets for myself and friends and ended up taking a ridiculously high loss in Ticketbastard fees. Whose fault is it? Ticketmaster? Mine for trusting the ticket sales agencies? The promoters, venues, who? :erk: I don't know, but I sure as hell won't fall into that trap again. :rolleyes:

Will definitely wait for an official announcement from the band, but even then, how sure is it?