NIGHT WISH FIRST U.S TOUR DATES...

Not to piss in anyone's cornflakes...but they were supposed to play orlando a couple of years ago, remember? I will hope for the best...be first in line for tix...but will not believe it until I see them onstage.

Obviously we know why that happened now, don't we?

Tuomas made a point to say they wanted to tour the US first. To make it up and also it was better for the new vocalist.

Even if it sure is a bit early for announcing anything. I'm pretty sure it will happen. And I can find out about the Culture Room, if it was booked or not.

Anyway, it's 11 months away.. :cool:

Nightwish may just be the most organized band on the planet in terms of how far in advance they plot their schedule. I'm almost certain that they even have a rough outline of 2008 complete as well.

That leads to the problem on the touring dates announcements. Their U.S. booking agents gets the dates from the band and then starts working on a touring route very early. He contacts the clubs now with the date and info. He cannot give the clubs "tenative" information as the clubs will not book them based upon a "maybe."

As others mentioned, the clubs are a big part of the problem now as they have followed Jaxx's lead of announcing stuff they moment they hear about it regardless of whether there is "official confirmation from the band" as they deal with the booking agent, not the band. That's why they announce ticket info, etc. immediately. This is not a new practice, but you cannot expect the same results now that the internet is what it is.

Those "coming soon" signs are a situation where a booking agent contacts them to gauge potential interest for the show and get an idea of their calender, but is not ready to commit a date to the club.

Regardless of the removal of the dates from public eye, I'm certain they are legitimate. It's a matter where Nightwish is trying not to announce everything prior to the public announcement of their new vocalist.

Nightwish may just be the most organized band on the planet in terms of how far in advance they plot their schedule. I'm almost certain that they even have a rough outline of 2008 complete as well.

That leads to the problem on the touring dates announcements. Their U.S. booking agents gets the dates from the band and then starts working on a touring route very early. He contacts the clubs now with the date and info. He cannot give the clubs "tenative" information as the clubs will not book them based upon a "maybe."

As others mentioned, the clubs are a big part of the problem now as they have followed Jaxx's lead of announcing stuff they moment they hear about it regardless of whether there is "official confirmation from the band" as they deal with the booking agent, not the band. That's why they announce ticket info, etc. immediately. This is not a new practice, but you cannot expect the same results now that the internet is what it is.

Those "coming soon" signs are a situation where a booking agent contacts them to gauge potential interest for the show and get an idea of their calender, but is not ready to commit a date to the club.

Regardless of the removal of the dates from public eye, I'm certain they are legitimate. It's a matter where Nightwish is trying not to announce everything prior to the public announcement of their new vocalist.
Thanks for the info Glenn. That's good to know.

I think Tarja gets a bad rap for the cancellation. There is a good explaination on her site and about other things. There are two sides to every story. I think miscommunication, spurned love and outright jealousy were all things that led to the firing. I don't think it had to come to all that. I still have a problem with how they fired her. It was a chicken shit way of doing it. But I will definitely buy their new album and see them if they come close to where I live. I can seperate the music from the drama that takes place outside the stage.

I think Tarja gets a bad rap for the cancellation. There is a good explaination on her site and about other things. There are two sides to every story. I think miscommunication, spurned love and outright jealousy were all things that led to the firing. I don't think it had to come to all that. I still have a problem with how they fired her. It was a chicken shit way of doing it. But I will definitely buy their new album and see them if they come close to where I live. I can seperate the music from the drama that takes place outside the stage.

I honestly really don't believe much of what Marcelo says and if anything, he's more to blame than Tarja. He made himself the 6th member of the band and from everything I read directly from him, I'd want to shoot myself having to deal with him always around.

incredible that they haven't announced a singer yet.

Funny that they would start booking a tour without a singer. :loco:

i guess by 2008 we'll all know how she will be received. Jeez, the anticipation!!

They have a singer, who will be announced in May along with a new single.

The band themselves did not announce these dates, people close to the bookers/promoters leaked them...

Glenn said that Nightwish was a contender for Prog Power and mentioned that they were going to be doing this tour. What's the fuss about?

Also, for the complainers/skeptics, the tour with Sonata Arctica that got cancelled *was* official. Tickets were made available, and the dates were announced by the venues, so the tour was indeed going to happen. The dates got cancelled however, because of Tarja, who in the open letter, apparently did not like to play the USA.

Since she's gone, it's safe to say that this tour is a go.

He does seem to micromanage his wife's career. But he does make good points about certain things. I just find it odd that Tuomas used to say how indispensable Tarja was and it would be difficult to go on without her in the band. Then he basically changed his tune overnight. I do think the two biggest reasons were that Tarja said she would be leaving after the next album and that she spurned him romantically. Then it seems the communication broke down completely. But when you fire someone, be man enough to say it to her face. Don't just hand her a letter. And as I said in the previous post, it still won't prevent me from buying the next Nightwish CD or the next Tarja Cd for that matter or go to the next Nightwish concert. I think the one bad thing about the internet is we hear about all this other crap instead of focusing on the music. In the past, we would hear a little of what went on behind the scenes. Now we are bombarded by it.

Im super pumped for this. 2 of my favorite bands are on tour, 1 near me Nightwish better. I hope their new vocalist is good when being released in may(I think?)

BUFFALO PLEASE.

Thanks for explaining, Glenn. The US tour will happen next fall, but the management seem to keep the strings tighter in their hands this time.

This kind of things rarely happen with European promoters, maybe due more established networking and trust between the parties involved. :saint:

I know that Nw management was quite frustrated when the tickets in America went on sale too early without their authorization and they could not pull it back any more. Then, only when the tickets had been on sale for three months already, it was Marcelo Cabuli who announced to the management by an e-mail in early February 2005 that Tarja wasn't going to tour in the US again. That broke the horse's back and made the band finally decide in the end of February to get rid of the Cabulis asap for good.

Jibrille, Marcelo Cabuli did not make himself the 6th bandmember, but rather the actual leader of the management, because Tarja gave him an open letter to take care of everything and sign all her contracts on her behalf, and he certainly did without even letting her to know about the contracts before. Tarja didn't have much to say about anything, she just didn't care and trusted her husband.

Most of this is public knowledge from the Nightwish-book by Mape Ollila, published in Finnish last May and due out in English by the end of Febryary. There is much more expalned and told about waht happened between the Cabulis and the band and their managment for a lonfer time.
The book is quite objective and covers the band's whole career until spring 2005. It is on pre-sale at the Nw-shop right now.

I would go see them in L.A. if they ever announce a L.A. date and depending on the new vocalist....

Nightwish selling out Culture Room? Well i would say they definetly would if Tarja was the vocalist but who know now i guess?

He does seem to micromanage his wife's career. But he does make good points about certain things. I just find it odd that Tuomas used to say how indispensable Tarja was and it would be difficult to go on without her in the band. Then he basically changed his tune overnight. I do think the two biggest reasons were that Tarja said she would be leaving after the next album and that she spurned him romantically. Then it seems the communication broke down completely. But when you fire someone, be man enough to say it to her face. Don't just hand her a letter. And as I said in the previous post, it still won't prevent me from buying the next Nightwish CD or the next Tarja Cd for that matter or go to the next Nightwish concert. I think the one bad thing about the internet is we hear about all this other crap instead of focusing on the music. In the past, we would hear a little of what went on behind the scenes. Now we are bombarded by it.
Tuomas did indeed say a while back that the band wouldn't go on without her, but after the change in her management and cooperation he had a tough decision to make. Nightwish was his creation and basically the main thing he had done for his entire adult life. Why should he give it up? Some say he should have gone on and renamed the band, but you can't put a price on brand recognition, be it cars, restaurants, bands or whatever. He earned the fame and following of the band called Nightwish and he certainly was entitled to continue it and it would not have been as smart businesswise to start all over. He also has said repeatedly that he agonized over the decision for over a year, so while we heard about it abruptly, the decision was not exactly made "overnight".

As for the statement that he was spurned romantically by her, that has only be said by the Cabuli camp and flatly denied by the NW camp, so it's one word against another and rather hard to take as fact. I heard it was more of a betrayal of friendship, but we'll probably never know.

As for the dates, NW didn't announce them. They clearly want to wait and probably announce the singer first. It just seems harder and harder to control information these days.:rolleyes:

Some say he should have gone on and renamed the band, but you can't put a price on brand recognition, be it cars, restaurants, bands or whatever. He earned the fame and following of the band called Nightwish and he certainly was entitled to continue it and it would not have been as smart businesswise to start all over.

C'mon! Wouldn't you have loved to go see Nightwish Of Fire in concert???

I was just thinking today how they should have made a Rockstar: Nightwish (European Edition) tv show to find their singer! I so would have been waiting up to immediatly grab that show from the torrent sites.

Yeah, a real good explanation, concocced by Marcelo, who is an ego manica who tryed his damnest to not only take over Tarja's career but also the careers of all the other band members and the management agency. It was by sheer will and love of each other and NIGHWISH that the band prevailed. All Marcelo could see was what he wanted to see. When you cancel a soldout concert in Oslo to go shopping and a movie with your husbands relatives now that is just not right. As Glenn said they are probably the most organized band there is and so is their management.