Nightwish show in San Diego 5/23/08

DVSteppenwolf

New Metal Member
May 23, 2008
This is my second time seeing Nightwish, and I don't think I can sleep :D
who else will be going to this show?

Quickie review. Awesome show. From the moment Jukka came out and, like a martial artist, placed his sticks in his hands and bowed toward the audience it was on.

Now I'm a pretty new fan but quickly got familiar with the back catalog. This was their first time in San Diego so first chance to ever see them.

Emppu is quite the little stage stealer. :kickass: Always running up and interacting with the fans as did Annette and Marco. They make quite the team and not the slightest hint of egos clashing. The whole band performed as a cohesive unit.

Annette slayed on the new material and did a damn fine job on the older stuff. The Siren she changed the Oh, Oh, Oh, Oooo, but it worked well.

Dark Chest of Wonders she just owned it. :headbang: my favorite song of the night.

The crowd went mad on Nemo, Amaranth, and Wish I had an Angel.

The thing that most impressed me is the gratitude the band displayed. First show ever here, a packed house, and at the end of the night they all came up to the front of the stage shaking hands and thanking everyone for coming out.

Tuomas actually looked relieved at the end as if he had been apprehensive and the show went over better than he could have imagined. Could just be his style though. Strikes me as a very humble guy.

Jim