Nightwish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like everything Nightwish has done... including Century Child... I don't really have much of a preferance, but Oceanborn and Century Child would be my favorites, followed closely by Wishmaster and Angels Fall First... Over the Hills is a good E.P.

Perpetual Demise said:
Ha ha ha ha, exactly the response I had expected... you guys are true, open-minded, beautiful people. The masses are what matters right? What most people think is what truly matters. I do not know what I was thinking.

You're not a moron for liking Century Child the most (I havn't even heard these albums in question). You're a moron because:

1) You ramble on about how long you've been a fan of Nightwish and how many times you've listened to their albums as if it has any relevance to what's being discussed. Saying "As a seasoned fan of Nightwish for 8 years" doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

2) You seem to think 'anomaly' means 'wrong', when it means unusual or irregular.

3) You managed to include that "this is just my opinion, I'm allowed to have one, as is everyone, quit bashing people for their preferences, let's sing and dance among the flowers and make daisy chains! Rock on! Yeah! It's all good!" idiocy. Trite.

Reactions: SculptedCold
Int said:
You're not a moron for liking Century Child the most (I havn't even heard these albums in question). You're a moron because:

1) You ramble on about how long you've been a fan of Nightwish and how many times you've listened to their albums as if it has any relevance to what's being discussed. Saying "As a seasoned fan of Nightwish for 8 years" doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

2) You seem to think 'anomaly' means 'wrong', when it means unusual or irregular.

3) You managed to include that "this is just my opinion, I'm allowed to have one, as is everyone, quit bashing people for their preferences, let's sing and dance among the flowers and make daisy chains! Rock on! Yeah! It's all good!" idiocy. Trite.
Thanks Int, you saved me the bother and your points are exact. ;o)

ive downloaded almist everythin gthey've ever done they are amazing, the greatest band in that style of music

Malicious Misory are you sure all of them are men, im sure the second one from the left is a woman

i would like to buy there music, but i have absolutely no money its so much better to do, with the exception of metallica cause of how they got rid of napster, and how much of an asshole James Hetfield is, but i still buy everything ive downloaded just so i can have the real thing, the covers, and especially if you get them on vinyl if you can they always come with great covers

i may download it but at least i dont start selling copies of it, i dont want to get rid of any these great bands

I have never done much downloading.. though I do admit that I downlaod a single track or two of each album before it comes out just to hear what the material sounds like... or if I want to hear a band but don't want to waste money in case they aren't too good, I downlaod a couple tracks, or stream them from a website.. other than that I buy everything I listen to...

If it wasn't for downloading, I would never have gotten into Nightwish. I believe I downloaded my first NW tracks back in 2000, and was hooked instantly.

On the Century Child debate, I find that album the poorest simply because I am a metal fan, and that album seems to try to cater for a far broader audience. Nothing wrong with that of course, it's just that I find a lot fo the tracks just leave me cold. Many of the arrangements are also somewhat simpler than those that have gone before.

Roll on May/June and the new album! Let's see what they can come up with this time round.

Agreed, Century Child is a bit broader in scope, but for some reason I do not believe it was intentionally made that way... all in all each of the tracks appealed to me in many ways... And the bass player's vocal input (though not the first time) is best displayed on this album...

Orden, Hietala (the bass player) has only played/sang on Century Child so far...all the other male vocals are done by various guest singers.
The previous bass player Sami Vänskä left the band around 2001 I think.

Ahhhh... well thanks for the info... I never really looked into it much, just assumed since though they do not sound exact, all the male vocals have a similar sound... In any case, I think the male vocal input is great!

Well I'm not so sure about them sounding the same. :) But yeah the male vocals have always been good...here's a little overview, just in case anyone is interested:

- Tuomas sang on a couple songs on Angels Fall First (and has sworn not to sing since then)
- Tapio Wilska (Finntroll) does the growling vocals on Oceanborn
- Ike Vil (Babylon Whores) does the spoken parts on The Kinslayer
- Sam Hardwick is the dead boy in Dead Boy's Poem and he also does the spoken part in the beginning of Bless The Child
- Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica) sings on the remake version of Astral Romance, as well as does the spoken part in the ending of Bless The Child
- Marco obviously sang the lead male vocals on Century Child, which you already knew

I think that's about it. Various people sang backgrounds on Over The Hills And Far Away though.

Actually I'm going to contradict myself by saying that I think Tuomas' vocals sound atrocious. :p But no problem, didn't really have to do any research since I had all that in my head.

Dead to the world.... now that is an awesome male/female duet song... I hope to see more of those in Nightwish's future (though of course Tarjaa can never be outshined)

Status
Not open for further replies.