Nile

In Their Darkenned Shrines is the equivalent of St Pepper for death metal !
Ten years from now, this album will be included in all 10 best death metal albums of all time lists if not best metal albums of all time lists !

The performance on drums by Tony Laureano is incredible : speed, creative patterns, cymbal playing, more fills than in the entire's Rush catalog !

This album has everything : growls from egyptian Gods, fastests tunes on earth, doomy riffs heavier than your moma, great egyptian/oriental references and a prog epic à la Rush's 2112 to conclude this masterpiece of an album !

Nile reigns supreme among us pathetic human beings !:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AOTW is by far their best effort. I don't like ITDS much besides Unas and Sarcophagus. BSOV definitely needs better production, but it's pretty good. Last time I saw them live they had major sound issues. It was rather disappointing.

Lykathea Aflame owns this band in every regard.

Definitely a fucking awesome death metal band.

Their live show left something to be desired, but so do most death metal bands'.

Personally I think Annihilation of the Wicked is their best album, solid all the way through. Cast Down the Heretic has been my favourite tune for some time. In their Darkened Shrines has it's moments, such as the Blessed Dead, Unas, and Invocation to Seditious Heresy, but there's several tracks on there I skip. I even prefer Black Seeds of Vengeance to ITDS. Still a really good album though.

BTW First post in 2 years or so. . .

ITDS and AOTW have to come close...I like some of the experimetning on ITDS, but then again, the newer release does have the two epics, the title track and von unnaussprechlichen kulten.

their live show in sydney absolutely fucking pwned.