Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

It was better when it was about lolicon. Now it just feels weird. It's like seeing Krofius and Slave together in a hot tub. Weird.:zzz:

No problem with talking about bro games, but WoW and LoL? Come on now. You can't mock anime and then gush over that shit, Krofi-kun :D

You think I play LoL? That's for weebs and children, just like Fortnite. I've only played DotA since 2006~ or something, and WoW isn't weeby at all, otherwise I wouldn't play it. I'd play something like Final Fantasy if I liked those type of graphics and story. I don't really play new games that come out, except for some of the Battle Royale's the last years, minus Fortnite obviously, I stick to my classics like CS, WoW, DotA. I'm not really into strategy games, only strategy game I've really enjoyed a lot is Heroes of Might and Magic III, which is turn-based strategy. One of my favorite games ever.

I'm forever weeb-free and I plan on continuing that way

You think I play LoL? That's for weebs and children, just like Fortnite. I've only played DotA since 2006~ or something, and WoW isn't weeby at all, otherwise I wouldn't play it. I'd play something like Final Fantasy if I liked those type of graphics and story. I don't really play new games that come out, except for some of the Battle Royale's the last years, minus Fortnite obviously, I stick to my classics like CS, WoW, DotA. I'm not really into strategy games, only strategy game I've really enjoyed a lot is Heroes of Might and Magic III, which is turn-based strategy. One of my favorite games ever.

I'm forever weeb-free and I plan on continuing that way
Have you played the banner saga?

No, doesn't look that appealing either TBH. It's just Heroes of Might and Magic III has something magical about it, the music, graphics and everything, it's just special.

Might and magic III was really good. Though I prefer RTW because of the battle strategy.

I modded my Wii to emulate retro games and play DVDs at the weekend. Now that's cool.

I've bought nintendo switch to play with the family. Now it's my daughter the one playing most of the time.

Fortunately I don't have kids so no need to buy a Switch. PS5 will probably be the next non-retro console I pick up.

I will buy it if it's compatible with the games from ps3 and ps4.

In switch I bought zelda botw just for me. But I don't have time to play it.

The rumour is that the PS5 will be backwards compatable with all previous PS systems going back to the PS1. That would be really cool if true, but I'm sceptical.

Newer Zelda games don't really interest me, I've got everything up until Wind Waker on the GameCube though.

I don't know. That way they'll stop winning money by making remasters of old titles...

New Zelda is pretty good, and difficult. I just miss a better soundtrack. A piano is not what I expect from a AAA.

PC will forever be master race. I guess fighting games like Tekken, Smash Bros, and Mario and those things are good on consoles and I grew up playing that shit, but when I hear people playing any type of shooting game on a console it's just cringe, like Call of Duty/Battlefield and similar games. I know the Nintendo Switch is really huge cause people at my work all has a switch and play most of the new games coming out, but as someone who's always played on PC pretty much, I would never go over to play on any sort of console. But I understand it, it's decent for casual gaming for people who aren't gaming seriously. I don't know if you guys played a lot of N64 but when I was like 10 I used to play a lot of Perfect Dark and Goldeneye on N64, and like a couple years ago I tried it again for nostalgia but goddamn it was garbage, you can't aim on those fucking controls lol.

I had a PS1 rather than an N64, but yeah, much of the 32/64-bit era really did not age well at all. Graphics and controls are really bad on most games. There are exceptions though (Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Metal Gear Solid, Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, etc).

I've got a hench PC but mainly use it for VR gaming (and Football Manager). Funnily enough VR shooters are currently better on PSVR as PSVR has a proper "gun" accessory, whereas the Oculus Rift does not. I've got both so it doesn't bother me that much, but it's still kind of weird that no official gun accessory has been released for the Rift.

@krofius I play regularly on my computer. But it's starting to be old for new games and I don't have a gaming joystick. So I play rtw, the witcher and some older games there until I can buy a new one.

There are also some games that I won't find in PC. Uncharted saga, god of war, zelda or Mario tennis. So I try to have as many gaming consoles as I can.

I don't like shooters and I don't like online games.

Also I wouldn't say that a console gamer is a casual gamer. My aunt owns more games and collectors editions that you can dream on seeing together in the same room and she's a PlayStation gamer.