Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Dont know why but I couldnt get into this new Rammstein album, I think its not as powerful as their other albums. First single was OK, listened the rest of the album but nope.
My initial reaction as well. A lot of slow and low energy stuff. Was expecting more stuff like Zeig Dich but never really came. But I will keep listening.

My initial reaction as well. A lot of slow and low energy stuff. Was expecting more stuff like Zeig Dich but never really came. But I will keep listening.

I think Till's band with Peter Tagtgren had a better album than latest Rammstein record. I mean check this song out, sounds like Rammstein mixed with Pain (Peter's band). I specially love this song cause it kinda gives me Pussy vibes (You know, the song :D) which one of my favorite from Rammstein.

New Slipknot. Almost everything on this song reminds me of songs from the previous album, except for the intro.

The new drummer always plays the same way. Strongly dissapointed with him. And Corey Taylor has lost it.

I mean. The song is not bad but that's not what's to be expected.

New Slipknot. Almost everything on this song reminds me of songs from the previous album, except for the intro.

The new drummer always plays the same way. Strongly dissapointed with him. And Corey Taylor has lost it.

I mean. The song is not bad but that's not what's to be expected.

I liked the new song but it reminds me Stone Sour somehow. It kind of a weak song to be the Slipknot song I think, but I still like it. Dunno why but loved the intro :D

I liked the new song but it reminds me Stone Sour somehow. It kind of a weak song to be the Slipknot song I think, but I still like it. Dunno why but loved the intro :D
Sounds like Slipknot with some mild outside influences, pretty ordinary over all. I think it’s a little premature to say much. I’ll wait till the whole album comes out.

Both this and All Out Life are awful. Absolutely uninspired, terribly boring. And Corey's new mask is a joke.
Also, from the Jimmy Kimmel's live I saw looks like Taylor is not at his best in terms of vocals, so my hopes for a good performance in June just dropped.

New Rammstein is pretty good though, even if a little overhyped. Puppe is a classic, I love the atmosphere, reminds me of Slayer's most psychotic tracks.

Love the guy who's cosplaying as Casey Jones. Classic mask. Give him a hockey stick and you're good to go.

This song is a remake of songs from the previous album. Everything they do here, except for the intro, has been heard before.

All out life is shit, but I like this one and the choir melody. Not title album-iowa-vol3 level, but good.

And I don't get the displeasure with the new Rammstein record, although I was never into any Rammstein album, just selected songs. But I don't like the Lindemann project, it's in the vein of Pussy, which is just not a good song. Yes, with full stadium and a dick cannon shooting foam, I bet I'd enjoy it, but otherwise it's just the wrong type of edgy.

I've never really been into Rammstein so can't really comment on their stuff.

New Slipknot just sounds like... Slipknot. I mean, if you like that, then it should be all good I guess. Again, not a band I've ever been hugely into save for a few select songs here and there. I prefer Corey in Stone Sour, personally. I think his clean vocals are great, but his harsh vocals are average at best, and that's being generous. It's like he's trying to growl/scream but just kinda shouts. Sounds like Anders when his voice was going really bad in the 2002/2003 period.

Weird, I've always figured he has one of the strongest voices in the metal scene. It just never went below a certain point, and he could do all kinds of weird shit, like flowing cleans, growls, screams and crazy into one-another seamlessly. I think most of it is him having a nice, warm voice to begin with, so even if he is bad or does 0 effort, it sounds ... wide.

Anders has a naturally more squeky, lighter voice, so if he wants to sound deep or aggressive, he has to aim for it.

I just noticed this band on my playlist, The Resistance. I was so frustrated when I heard this one from Jesper's new band. I was expecting a MDM band like everyone else so this sounded like shit at the time. But now listening to it, this was pretty good. Guess taste changes over time huh?

New Darkthrone is great.

If you aren’t a hardcore black metal fan, just skip to 3:15. Metal AF \m/

For Insomnium fans (Eochaid?):

I had no idea of this "band" and it blows my mind. There's a full LP and it's astonishing.

My guess (and lots of random guys on the internet): at least most of the band is same.
100% - same vocalist. Very similar vibe to Winter's Gate.
Basically, I was listening to one of the tracks from the album and my wife asked me if Insomnium just released a new album, so there you go. Though probably most of the songs are more Insomnium-like, Cathedrals of Mourning have a little bit of black metal vibe, which isn't that exposed on rest of the tracks.

Well, this one sounds like black metal with death vocals. The voice must be similar but the rest is not.