Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

First album meh.
Second album cool.
Third album good.
Fourth album pretty good.
Fifth album half meh half good.
New album boooooooooooooooooring. Corey Taylor uses the same formula in almost every song. And the music is meh.

I just like the intro to the second single and the last song, that is the third single.

Yeah, Slipknot is pretty boring. I could probably make one good album out of their whole discography.

You guys are harsh. While I agree that Corey does nothing interesting on the record, the rest of the guys outdid themselves imho. Interesting strong structures, weird guitar stuff, and we can even hear the DJ and the percussionist do their job.

I don't think the record is nearly as good as some people hype it up to be, but you should definitely be a more open with it. Check out Nero Forte or Orphan for example.

My Pain, on the other hand, is the single worst thing Slipknot has ever produced. Shameless.

I don't think I'm harsh. I just find it uninteresting. All songs sound like fillers.

Yeah, Slipknot is pretty boring. I could probably make one good album out of their whole discography.

Their most interesting album is the first one they released in 1996, Mate Feed Kill Repeat. Not the best, just the most interesting. Rest of their career is "metal for dummies". It's fine but nothing I'm going to regularly listen to.

You can’t see me for I hide within the umbra
You can’t see me for I hide within the umbra!!!!

Yay or nay? Does anyone who know them can recommend a few records from them specifically? I am thinking about checking out the ones (there are many) which have Björn as session vocalist, because he is really needed there to elevate a song like this.

Okay, checked all of their albums on my own. Here's my recommendation list:

Fragments of D-generation: Meh.
Mind Tricks: A few boring tracks, but otherwise worth checking out!! I enjoyed it quite a bit.
The Isolation Game: absolute fucking pathetic pussy ass garbage
Cold Inferno: Meh?

I liked most of their tracks. Don't really dig The Isolation Game as whole, but I liked both title track and Same Old Nails for New Messiah.
From Cold Inferno, I recommend Toys of Acceleration and Stormghost. They have nice pacing and are simply enjoyable.Nothing Soilwork level though.

I really like this one. Not listened to a whole lot of Disarmonia Mundi though.

I only use my phone, don’t really have a personal computer. To me, no ads is worth paying for.

I'm old school, got all my music downloaded as mp3's on my phone. I'll usually hear new music on YouTube, then I'll either buy the album or song from Amazon in mp3 format. I don't get new albums that often in all honesty, but my next download will probably be Freedom Call's "M.E.T.AL" which is out on August 23rd.

I've been the same since I got my first music player. I checked out spotify becase a.) I wanted to check the new versions of the songs on Kanye West's The Life Of Pablo and b.) my music player was low on battery when I was about to leave home, so I figured I quickly download the app, add a few bands as favorites and see what it does with them.

I was pleasantly surprised when it immediately created random playlists for me based on my liked bands. I haven't tried the discovery part yet, but it may be useful too. If you don't want to be surprised, you can still create your own playlists, just like you select songs for your music player.

It's also cool how basically EVERYTHING is up there, in decent quality. Even obscure bands like Disarmonia Mundi.

It's also helpful during gaming, because I am just too lazy to make a playlist on my computer, not to mention that with all the Windows reinstalls, I keep forgetting to download certain records. An alternative is youtube, but its recommendations are absolute ass, and I don't want to listen to just one record. With spotify I can either favorite hundreds of tracks and play them on shuffle, or trust myself onto the Spotify generated playlist for me.

I think it's quite handy, but sadly, annoying on phone. Many adverts, and sometimes it doesn't let you skip songs. But 6 euros per month is a bit too much just to get around that, and I don't get any ads on the pc version, so I guess I'll stick with non-premium for now, unless there'll be a discount.

Spotify is awesome in general, but yeah, I'm not gonna pay £120 a year for it and fuck adverts. I'll stick with my phone & mp3 playlist.