Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

NBC is actually a pretty unique vocal performance from Speed. On a lot of the tracks he's doing an Anders-style yell as opposed to a proper melodeath growl/scream, but thanks to the production it works really well. Actually listening to the guitarwork it's a lot different to what came before, far simpler with a lot of focus on keyboards. Soilwork basically had the same idea as IF during this period, strip down the guitar melodies and give a greater focus to keys and vocal melodies.

Mindfields though :cool: love this one. NBC as a whole has a very distinct atmosphere, but I didn't realise until re-listening to it recently that a huge amount of that actually comes from the keyboards.

NBC is actually a pretty unique vocal performance from Speed. On a lot of the tracks he's doing an Anders-style yell as opposed to a proper melodeath growl/scream, but thanks to the production it works really well. Actually listening to the guitarwork it's a lot different to what came before, far simpler with a lot of focus on keyboards. Soilwork basically had the same idea as IF during this period, strip down the guitar melodies and give a greater focus to keys and vocal melodies.

Mindfields though :cool: love this one. NBC as a whole has a very distinct atmosphere, but I didn't realise until re-listening to it recently that a huge amount of that actually comes from the keyboards.

"Mindfields" is pretty fucking cool, yeah. Huge adrenaline rush kind of song.

Reactions: DE4life
So how's your new season expectations @DE4life, we're not talking about fooball (yes, not soccer) in a veery long time :D

Well... we've lost like, half of our first team, not signed anyone yet with less than a month until the season starts and have a relative rookie in charge, so... if we don't get relegated that will probably be a good achievement at this point :D

What's the craic in Turkey? Any Darius Vessell level signings being made?

Well... we've lost like, half of our first team, not signed anyone yet with less than a month until the season starts and have a relative rookie in charge, so... if we don't get relegated that will probably be a good achievement at this point :D

What's the craic in Turkey? Any Darius Vessell level signings being made?

Lol that was weird I remember that Darius thing :D :D We've got Jorge Jesus for head coach, team is decent enough. With couple of signings I think we got a big chance winning leauge. We've got CL matches coming up this month, excited for that :D

BTW guys I recently discovered a new band called Electric Callboy. Really fun band, their songs like a mix of European dance music with metal music :D Hope u guys enjoy it.

When the hell did they change their name from Eskimo Callboy?

"On December 22, 2021, the band announced through Instagram that they were removing old songs from all platforms due to offensive lyrics and that they were reconsidering the band's name. On March 9, 2022 they announced that they would be called Electric Callboy from now on. The band changed the word 'Eskimo' to 'Electric' because it can be seen as a derogatory name for the Inuit and Yupik people in Alaska. They subsequently re-released the artwork from their previous albums with their new name."

Well, I guess that's it. Had no idea who that was until I saw the "Hypa Hypa" thumbnail. It always popped up in my recommended for a while, but I never watched it. The more you know, I guess.

BTW guys I recently discovered a new band called Electric Callboy. Really fun band, their songs like a mix of European dance music with metal music :D Hope u guys enjoy it.

Well, I think this stuff is fun to listen to, but I have a fairly eclectic music taste :D it reminds me of Beast in Black's more pop-orientated tracks, but BiB tend to mix their stuff with 80s synth so it has a cyberpunk kind of feel.

It's not too different to this kind of stuff, and I love both of these tracks.

Beast in Black is way more my speed. I got to see them live on their first headline run in the states a few months ago. Great band.

They certainly are. I had Dark Connection on repeat for at least a month when I first heard it.

For some reason Dark Connection took me a bit to get into. I love it now, but I didn't find it as accessible as the first two. It might have been due to anticipation. I discovered them when they released their first album and looked forward to From Hell With Love and was very happy with that one. Then I had a solid two years of waiting for Dark Connection so my hype level was really high. It just didn't grab me right away. Certain songs did I guess. I was a big fan of Bella Donna, To the Last Drop of Blood and One Night in Tokyo right away. But now I hold the whole thing in very high regard like the first two.

I basically had the exact opposite experience :D didn't know anything about them until Dark Connection and was absolutely floored by it. A couple of songs took a little while for me to get into, particularly My Dystopia, but now the only song I don't listen to is the Manowar cover track. When I went back to their previous two albums it took a while for me to adjust to them, although I like both now.

For me the first half of Dark Connection is ridiculously strong, like, from Blade Runner to Moonlight Rendezvous it's constant 9/10 or 10/10 tracks. Second half of the album is still extremely solid but feels a bit more generic to me, paticularly the Revengeance Machine / Dark New World / To the Last Drop of Blood section - they're all kind of the same song, albeit I still really like all of them. Broken Survivors and My Dystopia finish the album off on a strong note.

Just listened through Dark Connection again, and seriously it's like

Blade Runner 10/10
Bella Donna 9/10
Highway to Mars 10/10
Hardcore 9/10
One Night in Tokyo 9/10
Midnight Rendezvous 10/10
Revengeance Machine 8/10
Dark New World 8/10
To the Last Drop of Blood 8/10
Broken Survivors 9/10
My Dystopia 9/10

I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening to Blade Runner, Highway to Mars or Midnight Rendezvous... they just have literally everything I love about music, fine-tuned to my own personal perfection. Memorable riffs, well-placed solos which fit the theme of the songs, high energy, unique song structures that don't meander off into self-indulgence, varied and excellent vocals (seriously, Midnight Rendezvous, it's amazing that Yannis alters his voice to that feminine tone, when I first listened to it I genuinely thought it was a separate female singer), keys expertly intertwined with the rest of the instruments, intense and rhythmic drumming... all wrapped in a cyberpunk package, which I admittedly have a soft spot for both musically and in general.

I guess a lot of it comes down to personal preference. After listening to Dark Connection I was flooded with a ton of ideas, and am currently about 40,000 words into a novel that I can say without a doubt wouldn't exist at all if I hadn't listened to that album. That's not to say the novel will go anywhere even after I finish it, but writing it brings me enjoyment, and I can link that directly back to how Dark Connection impacted me as a piece of art. There are very few albums I can say have inspired me to that degree, certainly not in the past decade. That's the kind of value that is impossible for me to define in any observable way other than that it means a lot to me.

I have the covid. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

The worst part of it are not the symptoms. It's my wife :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Lol :D I got it back in December... hope it passes for you as it did for me, pretty much cleared up in a couple of weeks.

This is just like a mild flu. And I mean it. Flu, usually, bedrids me for a week. Now I'm just fine. Just a small fever.

I had an annoying cough for a couple of weeks, a few days right at the end where I felt really rough, then back to normal. Obviously it affects everybody differently, I'm just glad I got one of the weaker strains (Omicron).

I don't even know which one is mine. Apparently, here, people are havind the first type which seems kinda suspicious. Like, they don't really know which one it is.