Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

The last track on Soilwork's new album:

"On The Wings Of A Goddess Through Flaming Sheets Of Rain"

...what the fuck is that? Who thought that was a good song title?

Yeah "On Wings of a Goddess" would probably have been fine. I haven't listened to the album yet but from what I've read it's nothing too exciting.

New Soilwork was decent, pretty much on par with the last one in that a lot of it was in-one-ear-and-out-the-other with a few standout tracks ("Is it In Your Darkness" is definitely my favorite). They're definitely not coasting and they put a ton of effort into their playing, but I think they're due for a shift in sound. Their post-Living Infinite work has been their best imo, but it's becoming stale.

I liked their last album, but this one... it just doesn't grab me at all. I listened through once and don't really have much motivation to listen again. I mean, it's okay, but that's all.

I've only listened to the four singles so far, but "Dreams of Nowhere" is the only one that really gripped me at all. I think I'll probably put off listening to the album, as I have far better things to do with my day off.

I've been spinning it for the entire day and didn't yet have a time to focus on the verses, those damn catchy choruses won't abandon me in next two weeks.
Vultures and Electric Again are absolute earworms.

Yeah, some of the choruses are very good. The one in Overgivenheten has been stuck in my head all day, and I only listened to that song once this morning.

So "Cloud Connected" is going to be in the new Saints Row game. It's a bit of a weird choice for the game, but I'm pretty sure it's the band's second most popular song after OFTW, so fair enough. Part of me wishes they picked a better fit like how they had "Deliver Us" in SR4, but it could be worse, it could've been "House", so I'll absolutely take "Cloud Connected".

Really weird that they just have a dedicated Nuclear Blast station with no radio frequency. It's just Nuclear Blast: Logo, licensing, and all.

Look, I have to be excited for something with this game.

Attachments

• upload_2022-8-25_15-3-48.png
    upload_2022-8-25_15-3-48.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: eochaid
Never played the Saints Row games, but yeah, going back to 2002 for an IF track is a bit strange to say the least. Particularly as they've picked some pretty heavy tracks on the NB station to surround it with :D based on the general track selection it feels like something from TJR/Whoracle would have been more appropriate... but Cloud Connected is still a cool track nonetheless.

Never played the Saints Row games, but yeah, going back to 2002 for an IF track is a bit strange to say the least. Particularly as they've picked some pretty heavy tracks on the NB station to surround it with :D based on the general track selection it feels like something from TJR/Whoracle would have been more appropriate... but Cloud Connected is still a cool track nonetheless.

I've enjoyed all of them well enough, though I prefer the more grounded tone of the earlier installments. The reboot's getting absolutely slaughtered by critics and fans alike for a number of things, so I'm really worried about it. As much as I want to get it (If nothing else, to drive around and destroy everything I can with "Cloud Connected" blasting on the radio), it's an Epic exclusive until sometime next year, so I guess I'll go fuck myself.

Interesting. I never thought about CC as being one of their most popular songs. Probably because, though I like it, it has never been in my top.

I've enjoyed all of them well enough, though I prefer the more grounded tone of the earlier installments. The reboot's getting absolutely slaughtered by critics and fans alike for a number of things, so I'm really worried about it. As much as I want to get it (If nothing else, to drive around and destroy everything I can with "Cloud Connected" blasting on the radio), it's an Epic exclusive until sometime next year, so I guess I'll go fuck myself.

GTA V is the closest I've come to that kind of game... playing it in VR is something else. I can't really play it on flat screen anymore, as the VR experience is just so much cooler.

Interesting. I never thought about CC as being one of their most popular songs. Probably because, though I like it, it has never been in my top.

I guess it'll always be popular as it's been a live staple for as long as the song has existed, and has that same OFTW vibe of just being catchy af with some lovely riffs.

I don't really know how well it did internationally, but it was a pretty big hit over here- Reroute itself even charted on Billboard. I don't think the band really made it in the US until STYE though. It's the one I've heard a couple acquaintances say really got them into any of the band's stuff, with "The Quiet Place" being the song in specific that I've heard about quite a bit in that regard. That, and yeah, the fact that CC's perfect to play live.

GTA V is the closest I've come to that kind of game... playing it in VR is something else. I can't really play it on flat screen anymore, as the VR experience is just so much cooler.

Well, if you ever want somewhat old GTA gameplay, but with a dildo bat... I guess the Saints Row reboot isn't for you, actually. They removed the dildo bat. I'm still really sad about that.