Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

For some reason, Spain thought that sending the mustier song that we could find was a good idea.

I didn't really understand Spain's track. I don't think it was bad, it was just strange and not really in a good way. The Polish track sounded more Spanish than Spain's entry.

A shame that the vote was rigged, as Finland were by far the most popular. Sweden's track was totally generic and not a single country gave them the full 12 in the public vote. Finland meanwhile got a lot of 12's from the public, whilst various juries didn't even rank them at all. Try to make it less obvious that you're putting the fix in, fellas.

I was surprised to hear some actual screaming vocals in Germany's entry. Can't say I'm surprised the Eurovision audience didn't appreciate it. Voyager deserved more public votes, but I think their votes probably got swallowed up by Finland.

I liked Norway's track. Reminded me of Nightwish. Juries didn't give it much since it wasn't good ol' generic pop, but I'm glad the public backed it. Deserved a decent placing.

Reactions: eochaid
Spain was plain Flamenco. They decided to go with the topics about our country. They should have added some paella to make it fully ridiculous.
Funnily enough, the previous year they didn't send a song from my region because it was too folky and people were not going to understand it. That was an excuse because the real problem was that it was sung in Galician, not Spanish.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed Spain's entry from 2022:

Admittedly not entirely for the music 🥳 although it is a pretty catchy pop song.

🤣🤣🤣I can get it. Though the lyrics were ridiculous and the music was as Spanish as MacDonald's.

Insomnium's album also came with a bonus EP with 3 songs that didn't really get the black metal treatment so they probably couldn't fit into the actual album. It's decent enough.

Yeah, Immortal's good, but the new Kalmah smokes it.
New Kalmah is sick. Almost like it could/should have been released after Black Waltz. However the production is flawed. It needs to be remastered. After I listen a few minutes I forget about the production but still. Anyway, very solid album. Been listening daily.

Reactions: Moonshield_
New Kalmah is sick. Almost like it could/should have been released after Black Waltz. However the production is flawed. It needs to be remastered. After I listen a few minutes I forget about the production but still. Anyway, very solid album. Been listening daily.

Yeah, the album almost takes me back to the Swamplord / They Will Return days.

Reactions: galvanized
Yeah, the album almost takes me back to the Swamplord / They Will Return days.
It DOES take me back. Serve The Untrue is pure They Will Return plus Black Waltz vocals. That solo at 2:56 with the furious thrash underneath, love it.

Never listened to Kalmah before that, but that is pretty fucking cool. Gonna have to listen to them now.

Never listened to Kalmah before that, but that is pretty fucking cool. Gonna have to listen to them now.
Try the albums They Will Return and Black Waltz. Both are super solid. If you like They Will Return try Swamplord and Swampsong as well. So many bangers, can’t even list them all.

I remember someone from here recommending checking those folks a while ago - big high five mate!
They just keep getting better and better. I've already seem them live twice and they really mean business.

I remember Anders saying about Foregone that "this album is a fucking statement".

Well, no. "From the Inside" is a statement how modern melodic death/groove metal should be done. Fffuuuuuk that was good!

Well, if the statement was 'this band has nothing worthwhile left to give the metal scene' then I think Anders and Bjorn got that across perfectly well.

At this point IF should either be touring-only or just finished. The last genuinely relevent album they put out, in my view, was SOAPF. Everything after that, whether you consider it good or not, hasn't really added any value to their back catalogue or the scene in general. It's just filler.

When you hear an actual band with passion, new ideas, energy - like Fellowship, THE, Orbit Culture - it just highlights how stagnant a band like IF is, and has been for a long time.

Do you guys like some melodic/epic black metal?

I'm releasing an album of this kind next month, here is a first song just out :

Let me know what you think.