Non Metal Music...

Luz said:
Death/Hypocrisy/Emperor/Vader/Meshuggah/Mynjun/Pantera/Nile/Malevolent Creation/Sepultura (Max-Era)/White Zombie/Alice In Chains/King Crimson/Apocalyptica/Yes/Camel/Black Light Syndrome/Steve Vai/Tool/Anathema/Type O Negative/A Perfect Circle/My Dying Bride/ Katatonia/Venom/Cannibal Corpse/Joe Satriani/Black Label Society/At The Drive In/The Cure/Dream Theater/Jane's Addiction/Infectious Grooves/Fear Factory/Brujeria/Astor Piazzola/Björk/Fiona Apple/Deftones/Nine Inch Nails/Marilyn Manson/Paco De Lucia/Pink Floyd/Porcupine Tree/Dark Tranquillity/ Arch Enemy/Overkill/Testament/Machine Head/Vangelis/Frank Sinatra/Entombed/In Flames (old stuff)/Suffocation/Queen/Zykklon/Quo Vadis/Vintersorg/Amon Amarth/Lacrimas Profundere/At The Gates/Incantation/Unleashed/
and I hate Opeth :tickled:
Who cares...uh?

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

18 out of 65 aint bad. ;)

^heh!
first person who correctly guesses the 18 will receive a free orchid CD (or whichever one the winner lacks - if you dont have orchid, youre a loser anyway and dont deserve the free CD).

NineFeetUnderground said:
i cant figure out if you were kidding as well....or if you thought i was serious. :confused: :p

I guess it was a bit subtle...I was joking.

I been posting on this board for a while now I'm suprised you guys would think that my music taste was that bad...how could you take my Drowning Poo comments seriously..

I listen to rock and metal, and some jazz and pop(bjork) I mostly listen to rock, but I enjoy metaL too
rock/other genre bands like:
smashing pumpkins
the Hives
Bjork
the strokes
radiohead
David bowie
Mew
black sabbath

whatever I like I listen to

dorian gray said:
^heh!
first person who correctly guesses the 18 will receive a free orchid CD (or whichever one the winner lacks - if you dont have orchid, youre a loser anyway and dont deserve the free CD).

Joey's 18:

Death.Emperor.Nile.King Crimson.Yes.Camel.My Dying Bride.Katatonia.Venom.The Cure.Björk.Pink Floyd.Porcupine Tree.Dark Tranquillity.Testament.Frank Sinatra.In Flames (old stuff).At The Gates.

well..i know i at least got 12 or 13 of the 18 correct.

^nice. if he confirms it, you get orchid. but, im sure you already have it, so i'm not worried!

deliverance said:
Joey's 18:

Death.Emperor.Nile.King Crimson.Yes.Camel.My Dying Bride.Katatonia.Venom.The Cure.Björk.Pink Floyd.Porcupine Tree.Dark Tranquillity.Testament.Frank Sinatra.In Flames (old stuff).At The Gates.

well..i know i at least got 12 or 13 of the 18 correct.
nope. 3 of those are wrong...and youre missing a handful. but close! :)

Kung Keno said:
Dungen is probably the best swedish band in a very very long time. maybe even ever.
You are quite right! A damn fantastic band.

I don't care too much for genres, but for the last week it has been for me:

Pierre Bensusan - Spices
Ulver - Bergtatt
Andres Segovia - maestro de maestros (comp.)
Leo Kottke - 6 & 12 Strings
Landberk - Unaffected
Vicente Amigo (Live DVD, awesome guitarist, go check him out)

Damnationx said:
What else do you guys listen to that isnt metal?

for me, I like alot of industrial, especially KMFDM. Some punk stuff (I know someone will slam me for this, but its all i could think off) like Green Day and Alkaline Trio is not bad either.

Just wondering about the rest of you!

Other than metal, I mostly like classic and progressive rock. I've always enjoyed jazz, but haven't really bought a lot. There's a few grunge bands that I liked, don't much think about it anymore...but I was into it for awhile. Mostly Alice in Chains and Soundgarden(not even sure if they should be considered grunge). As far as nu-rock/metal, there are songs here and there that are good, I guess listenable would be a better description. Most of it bores me to death.

Seth

To me, lots of bands i saw here are Metal !

To answer at the question, i like too :
Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Doors,...
and recently, Peccatum, Isis, Satriani, Cult Of Luna, Godflesh,...

In general, i like Psychedelic Rock, Indus, Hardcore, Guitar Heros,... too.

deliverance said:
what are they like? i'm all for trying out a fantastic band.
Dungen? Theyre a fantastic late 60s/early 70s psychpop/prog/folk band with lots of great soloing, flutes, 12 strings, mandolin, guitar, harmony vocals, drums hammond organ, piano, etc etc....crazy stuff....very amazing. all sung in swedish too by the way...which actually contributes to the charm in my opinion.

My guess at Joey's 18:

Death/Hypocrisy/Emperor/King Crimson/Yes/Camel/Anathema/My Dying Bride/ Katatonia/Venom/The Cure/Pink Floyd/Porcupine Tree/Dark Tranquillity/ Arch Enemy/In Flames (old stuff)/Queen/At The Gates

Dreadful said:
My guess at Joey's 18:

Death/Hypocrisy/Emperor/King Crimson/Yes/Camel/Anathema/My Dying Bride/ Katatonia/Venom/The Cure/Pink Floyd/Porcupine Tree/Dark Tranquillity/ Arch Enemy/In Flames (old stuff)/Queen/At The Gates

nope...3 are incorrect. good try though chris! :)