• Anders

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • Martin

Votes: 101 79.5%

• Total voters

chaveta

Dec 31, 2001
Visit site
this is not about who is the best drummer, i know we all have our own opinions about that, this is about:

double bass *beats*! not the fast double bass [i think martin is faster, but this is not what that is about] but the accompaning beats they do... like martin in first parts of 'the moor' [ just off the top of my head here ] and Anders in most of To bid you farewell.

hopefully i'm making myself clear... i'll hunt for some explicit examples...

Martin- The Moor 3:04 to about 3:10
Anders- The Apostle In Triumph 2:30 to well.. it just lasts longer!

i like Anders' stuff more, in THAT department...

i haven't given Lopez a fair chance, because since the sound of the bass drum in both Orchid and Morningrise is clearly different than that of the later albums, i just noticed it more with Anders... i still think he does it best, otherwise i would have noticed with Martin...

they're both great drummers though

I'm voting Lopez. I think he's better. But that's because I just recently started paying real attention to the drums on Morningrise and Orchid. The drums on the later albums i thought were difficult to avoid paying attention to, If you know what i mean. The Morningrise and Orchid drums are just drums, the later ones hit you in the face with a brick. In the beginning I thought The drums on the two first were not much varied and stuff like that. But that's over.

you guys do understand that this isn't a "who's a better bassist" poll right?

its about the sweet double bass beats these guys did...

i just want you not to get carried away thats all

I think Martin is better, but Anders' double bass seems more pleasant somehow. I don't know why. On a side note, did they use triggered bass drums on Orchid? It sounds like it, now that I'm aware of that.

Lopez clearly, while Nordin is always appropriate, lopez exudes pure class since his 'debut' of those great rolling double pedal passages on april ethereal. (not counting the cover of remember tommorow lol) Nordin is good but Lopez's grasp of drum fundamentals (such as his great six stroke and the double sticked fills he used often) just outshine nordin. Lopez is clearly more creative and appropriate... Plus I'd like to see what wreath or deliverance would sound like with nordin on the skins.

Lopez fits into the music alot more. With alot of Anders' parts... especially the fills, he sounded much like he was doing his own thing. And also, technically, it sounds like Lopez is the more skilled player.

Oh my... we'll be in trouble if Anders still frequents these forums... :lol: