North American tour with LOG, As I Lay Dying, ..

what the fuck theres no way as i lay dying should deserve a higher set slot than cob, cob have been touring their asses off over here and selling out tons of venues. this is fucking bullshit.

Can't say for sure till the first day of the tour, but I would think AILD and COB both will play the same length sets. As far as the actual set time, I would guess 45 - 50 min's. But nothing is ever set in stone untill we get started and even then things can change.

Much appreciated, I'll be crossing my fingers. :)

But as long as it's the same time length, then it's no major loss.

dude theres no way COB is playing before AILD
Think of it, bodom has a wayyy bigger fan base, and COB and lamb of god are the
bigger bands playing.
im pretty sure that it will go AILD,COB then lamb of god closing.
Municiple waste and God forbid are rotating spots so you have 50% chances as to whos opening

Can't say for sure till the first day of the tour, but I would think AILD and COB both will play the same length sets. As far as the actual set time, I would guess 45 - 50 min's. But nothing is ever set in stone untill we get started and even then things can change.

If they have the same amount of time to perform, why are people getting so stressed over who plays before who?
I mean, if COB aren't sweating it...

Think of it, bodom has a wayyy bigger fan base, and COB and lamb of god are the bigger bands playing.

Well, at least not in terms of chart success :

As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: August, 21, 2007
Record Label: Metal Blade
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #8 on September 08, 2007

As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: June, 14, 2005
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #35 on July 02, 2005

VS.

Blooddrunk
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: April, 15, 2008
Record Label: Fontana
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #22 on May 03, 2008

Are You Dead Yet?
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: October, 25, 2005
Record Label: Spinefarm
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #195 on November 12, 2005

I hadn't even really heard the band until now, I guess. Is it just me or why does it feel like there's dozens of these generic metalcore (or whatever you call them) bands with clean vocals, excessive breakdowns and what have you. All of them sound exactly same, each come with some special trait like 2 singers or a girl playing some instrument so you would remember them, but it's still practically impossible to tell them from each other since they all have some similar ridiculous names like this or All That Remains or Bring Me The Horizon and so forth, that are all probably from some metalcore band name generator :puke:

As I Lay Dying is actually a novel written by William Faulkner.

But yes, they are pretty generic.

I'm excited, I'm going up to the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival in MA to see them. I've been waiting like 4 years to get an opportunity to go to that festival, with COB there its going to be super exciting.

Well, at least not in terms of chart success :

As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: August, 21, 2007
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #8 on September 08, 2007

As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: June, 14, 2005
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #35 on July 02, 2005

VS.

Blooddrunk
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: April, 15, 2008
Record Label: Fontana
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #22 on May 03, 2008

Are You Dead Yet?
bg-divider-4.gif

Released: October, 25, 2005
Record Label: Spinefarm
Peak Position: The Billboard 200 #195 on November 12, 2005

I hadn't even really heard the band until now, I guess. Is it just me or why does it feel like there's dozens of these generic metalcore (or whatever you call them) bands with clean vocals, excessive breakdowns and what have you. All of them sound exactly same, each come with some special trait like 2 singers or a girl playing some instrument so you would remember them, but it's still practically impossible to tell them from each other since they all have some similar ridiculous names like this or All That Remains or Bring Me The Horizon and so forth, that are all probably from some metalcore band name generator :puke:

Nailed it on the head there.

Wow so much bitchin' in this thread.... typical.

Anyways all 3 of the main bands are phenomenal live acts. LOG always puts on a great show and since they are headlining most of the people should be there for them which = :headbang: As I lay Dying have incredible energy and work the crowd better than anyone. Also they are a local band to me so I've seen them around here with the best crowd possible. Bodom is well bodom, not much needs to be said there since they never disappointed me before so this should be no exception.

Unfortunately since these bands are quite different from each other, the crowd will be polarized and the potential of the show will not be there. Too much animosity, ignorance and too many elitists in the mix. People can’t enjoy a good diverse lineup these days. In order for anyone to be happy it seems that each band in the lineup has to be from the exact same sub-genre.

Well for all of you complaining about As I Lay Dying, if you are from the West Coast, you are in luck. As I Lay Dying will miss the first five shows because one of the members is adopting a kid from Ethiopia.

I wouldn't really call that being in luck, though.

Generally when a band has to miss a show, the other members don't play longer.

I wouldn't really call that being in luck, though.

Generally when a band has to miss a show, the other members don't play longer.

True...I merely put it for the people who are doing their whinning about As I Lay Dying. I neither live on the West Coast or care about whether or not As I Lay Dying plays. I actually think its nice that one of the band guys is adopting a child.

I might make an apperance at the Philly show, might show up afterwards. I really don't have the money for this show :lol: