Novembre

morningstar said:
I agree with jester too. I wonder why profanity, looking4ajob, 9ftunderground haven't been banned yet. They haven't added anything but offtopic to this forum. However I understand why one of them is still looking for a job.

Oooh, he said your MOM!

Anyway, Novembre is mildy entertaining at times, but please don't compare them to bass player & co..er wait a minute, didn't I just post today that saying your band is better than my band was a useless avenue? Yes I did, sooooo.....

never mind.

Most opeth fans are very much like black metal fans unfortunately.

Arguing about music is pointless, a Britany Spears fan would have just as much case for saying Britany Spears was in a league beyond Opeth. You might think this is ridiculous, but you know why...because you are an opeth fan.

Now go do something productive.

well i havn't heard novembre but since they spelled november wrong and look like idiots in their metal-archives.com picture, i will stay away

morningstar said:
I agree with jester too. I wonder why profanity, looking4ajob, 9ftunderground haven't been banned yet. They haven't added anything but offtopic to this forum. However I understand why one of them is still looking for a job.

I was contributing PLENTY of on topic material to this forum almost 2 years before you even thought to join here.

For you to include me into that list of trolls simply because i feel a handful of people here have less than adequate taste...is ridiculous and lame. For that alone, i think you need to shoot yourself in the face.

but regardless....please stfu.

Or of course they could be italian, novembre being november in italian.

November being taken by english language from the latin.

I wouldnt bring up the fact that americans are stupid....but..

NineFeetUnderground said:
I was contributing PLENTY of on topic material to this forum almost 2 years before you even thought to join here.

For you to include me into that list of trolls simply because i feel a handful of people here have less than adequate taste...is ridiculous and lame. For that alone, i think you need to shoot yourself in the face.

but regardless....please stfu.

thanks for the chuckle... :worship:

Pseud0 said:
well i havn't heard novembre but since they spelled november wrong and look like idiots in their metal-archives.com picture, i will stay away

Novembre is the french translation too.

Pseud0 said:
Novembre look like idiots? Wtf? one of the few modern metal bands who don't look like idiots by trying to uphold some sort of metal image through always wearing leather pants and band shirts :err:

morningstar said:
As for Novembre, the new album is already recorded and they're dealing the last parts of the contract with their new (and great) label. Unconfirmed rumours say they'll be touring with Katatonia again and the new album is due out by around the same time as Ghost Reveries.

:headbang: That's like some of the BEST news I have heard since the recent news of Ghost Reveries, etc. Honestly, I am now looking forward to the new Novembre album even MORE than Opeth's upcoming opus. Why? Novembrine Waltz may NOT be as good as Opeth's first 5 albums, but it stomps all over Deliverance easily. So far, after hearing TGC, that song doesn't surpass the BEST of NW either.

Man, I'm shocked at some of the negative feedback on Novembre. This band is one of my faves and possess MUCH talent. Sure, the recent "re-make" album sucked IMO (save for "The Dream of the Old Boats) but Classica is a damn good one. But in the end, NW is definitely the band's masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. IMO, the band shows great maturity in their songwriting here with some remarkably elegant musicianship. There's LOT's to like here, no doubt about it.

I have this feeling (I hope I'm right too) that the new album will be something magnificent - hell, it has been such a long wait it seems for new material. Their albums have gotten better upon every new release, so I have high hopes for this one. They better not fuck this one up, that's for sure. It should stay in the vein of NW, but should feature new, progressing elements to keep things interesting and not in the "same-old-same-old" approach.

Best songs by the band...hands down!

Classica

1) L'epoque Noire
2) My Starving Bambina
3) Nostalgiaplatz
4) Cold Blue Steel
5) Foto Blu Infinito (instr. - and one of the best as well - good stuff!)

Novembrine Waltz

1) Come Pierrot (all clean with simply EXCELLENT climactic ending with growls. Superb, and their best song without a doubt!)
2) Child of the Twilight
3) Venezia Dismal
4) Everasia
5) Distances (first track I ever heard by them - used to be #1)

....oh, and obviously, they are inspired by the french language somehow. It's evident in their band name as well as various song titles.

Hmm, I might have to agree that I prefer Novembrine Waltz over Deliverance. It may not be as technical or polished, but I definately get a greater amount emotional response from NW. It'll take an interesting twist on things if I could say the same thing with the new Novembre album compared to Ghost Reveries.

I'm actually suprised that century media dropped this band... with all the attention/new fans that Opeth has gotten recently they could have turned them onto Novembre as well if only they marketed the band properly.

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: That's like some of the BEST news I have heard since the recent news of Ghost Reveries, etc. Honestly, I am now looking forward to the new Novembre album even MORE than Opeth's upcoming opus. Why? Novembrine Waltz may NOT be as good as Opeth's first 5 albums, but it stomps all over Deliverance easily. So far, after hearing TGC, that song doesn't surpass the BEST of NW either.

Man, I'm shocked at some of the negative feedback on Novembre. This band is one of my faves and possess MUCH talent. Sure, the recent "re-make" album sucked IMO (save for "The Dream of the Old Boats) but Classica is a damn good one. But in the end, NW is definitely the band's masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. IMO, the band shows great maturity in their songwriting here with some remarkably elegant musicianship. There's LOT's to like here, no doubt about it.

I have this feeling (I hope I'm right too) that the new album will be something magnificent - hell, it has been such a long wait it seems for new material. Their albums have gotten better upon every new release, so I have high hopes for this one. They better not fuck this one up, that's for sure. It should stay in the vein of NW, but should feature new, progressing elements to keep things interesting and not in the "same-old-same-old" approach.

Best songs by the band...hands down!

Classica

1) L'epoque Noire
2) My Starving Bambina
3) Nostalgiaplatz
4) Cold Blue Steel
5) Foto Blu Infinito (instr. - and one of the best as well - good stuff!)

Novembrine Waltz

1) Come Pierrot (all clean with simply EXCELLENT climactic ending with growls. Superb, and their best song without a doubt!)
2) Child of the Twilight
3) Venezia Dismal
4) Everasia
5) Distances (first track I ever heard by them - used to be #1)

....oh, and obviously, they are inspired by the french language somehow. It's evident in their band name as well as various song titles.

I think you're, in a way, lucky. Someone of Klimt 1918, said the new album was a tradeoff between Arte Novecento and Novembrine Waltz, but I should expect a step higher above Novembrine Waltz, as it always happened with Novembre. As you read in some intereviews, they are not about changing their style for the benefit of the new trends, they make their sound thinking about their old fans, the ones who appreciated Wish I Could Dream It Again and as such, they've always been growing as a solid band...but let us not expect what's to come, for the big surprise :)

R0l0 said:
Hmm, I might have to agree that I prefer Novembrine Waltz over Deliverance. It may not be as technical or polished, but I definately get a greater amount emotional response from NW. It'll take an interesting twist on things if I could say the same thing with the new Novembre album compared to Ghost Reveries.

I'm actually suprised that century media dropped this band... with all the attention/new fans that Opeth has gotten recently they could have turned them onto Novembre as well if only they marketed the band properly.

I love Deliverance and Damnation, so I am not going to argue about it...but seriously, any album of Novembre is well paired with any of Opeth. It's not that they're superior, I don't like to see them that way, eventho I like Novembre more than Opeth, it's just a matter of direction in their songs.

As for CM dropping them, I don't think it was CM who dropped them, CM reached the 3 album contract, it was up to the band to quit or stay. CM never done a bit of promotion for Novembre! Up until Dreams D'azur, neither Classica or Novembrine Waltz had distribution in the U.S (this is clear in amazon's prices, they're imported); They never toured or done a Fest in the U.S, is this acceptable for such a great band in a label like Century Media? I don't think so, but I am putting a lot of hope in their new label, which already worked with some great bands of identical quality. Also, I don't think Novembre was a band that selled that much. Look it up, Classica and others (except first 2 albums, which were a limited release) NEVER sold out!

Dreadful said:
I think if Opeth released the Novembrine waltz album and Novembre realized Deliverance...EVERYONE would say the Novembre is better.

I think your comparison is flawed and shows some imaturity and gealousy in your arguments, yet, I still agree with you, because both are excelent albums! Side note: It's not about Novembre>Opeth, this topic isn't specificly about Opeth, it's about Novembre.

Dreadful said:
I think if Opeth released the Novembrine waltz album and Novembre realized Deliverance...EVERYONE would say the Novembre is better.
heh that post is confusing- they'd say the actual novembrine waltz album is better or deliverance is better?