Novembre: What's going on with them?

Sep 27, 2001
Istanbul/Turkey
I think Novembre is the best melodic death metal band ever(along with Opeth, but I like them more). I haven't heard anything from them for a looong time. Anyone know what they are up to?

test2.JPG

their older stuff is a bit deathy. classica is half deathy, half clean. very cool, very melancholy, very beautiful.

they just put out a new album about a year ago, called 'novembrine waltz'. less deathy than ever.

their webpage is http://www.novembre.nu , i believe.

I think "Classica" is the best album that has ever been recorded. I used to cry when listening it. The vocals are even better than Opeth. Too bad very few people know about them. CM should really advertise them better. Also the first two albums are near impossible to find. Good thing that you could get them from www.mp3.com/novembre for free.

I disagree. Novembrine Waltz is simply an incredible piece of music, my favorite album ever of all time. Its atmospherics and the way the songs pull at you and draw you in are unsurpassed, amazing musicianship and songwriting, and the singer's vocals are great dirties, and some of the most beautiful harmonies I have ever heard! You have to buy classica and novembrine waltz now. lol.

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
Novembrine Waltz is simply an incredible piece of music, my favorite album ever of all time. Its atmospherics and the way the songs pull at you and draw you in are unsurpassed,

I agree, only it's my third favourite. I definitely prefer them to Opeth.

I've only just downloaded their first two albums a few hours ago, so I'm still getting to know those ones.

Classica and NW are amazing, though. Novembrine Waltz is truly incredible. There's so much emotion involved.

I'd probably label them (if I had to, but I don't) 'Emotional Metal' or something. I wouldn't describe them as death though.

Wow, Carmello's vocals are really out of tune on the first album. :lol: It's cool though, because I know what he's capable of, so it makes it easier to listen to!

Originally posted by Devy_Metal
nostalgiaplatz is one amazing song

:headbang: troo dat!

i think everyone here knows how i feel about that song!

novembre are a fucking amazing band, one of my favs now...but i have to say, they're two most recent albums are the onyl good ones...the earlier ones didn't appeal to me at all, and the singing was pretty bad. Classica and Novembrine Waltz however are just fucking great though! Classica is my fav.

As for the vocals, being better than opeth? The death vocals aren't as good as mikes but the clean ones definetly are simply because there is more variety in the clean vox, they go from melancholic melodic singing to a low seductive sound

Originally posted by bleed for me

As for the vocals, being better than opeth? The death vocals aren't as good as mikes but the clean ones definetly are simply because there is more variety in the clean vox, they go from melancholic melodic singing to a low seductive sound

I hear you on that one... The clean vocals on NW in particular have reached a new level.

Shit, the fucking band is amazing!!! I'm getting a coffee.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan

They are definately an underated band..

THE most, if you ask me. They're not even listed at Satan Stole My Teddy Bear!!!

I second the question regarding their current machinations... I hope they're working on a new album.

Originally posted by Lakestream
I actually don't like Novembre....I bought Novembrine Waltz, but I can't get into the vocals....and the stolen riffs from tchaikovskij bothered me :/

Yeah, what is that again? I remember listening to it but I can't recall. It was in 'Flower' or something, wasn't it?