Novembre: What's going on with them?

Distances?

requium
Wow, Carmello's vocals are really out of tune on the first album. It's cool though, because I know what he's capable of, so it makes it easier to listen to!

Well, Metaldisc had that album. I bought it. I want them all. In hand. Readily available. I love what they do.

My favorites off NW are Valentine and Venezia Dismal so far. Cold Blue Steel from Classica. I'm in the process (hopefully) of getting a copy of "Arte Novencento".

Agreed. Good idea, Kush. Recommend a review. Good to see you again, Lion. :)

whoa how in the heck can't you get into Carmelo's vocals? The guy has an amazing vocal delivery all over NW! This band is truely phenomenal.

Opethfan: if you don't like them better than opeth, wait till you hear Novembrine Waltz. You will, you will. :) Heh heh...

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
whoa how in the heck can't you get into Carmelo's vocals? The guy has an amazing vocal delivery all over NW! This band is truely phenomenal.

Dude!!! I assume you're referring to me here!? I'm talking about on Novembre's first album, 'Wish I Could Dream It Again' from 1994!! The vocals on that one are ok, but pretty all over the place.

Of course his vocals are amazing now. 'Novembrine Waltz' is my third all time favourite album, and I prefer his vocals to Mikael's!

I had 'Classica' for ages before I got 'NW', and I can tell you that 'NW' leaves it for dead. 'Classica' is a great album, no doubt about that, but the new one is not just great- it's phenomenal.

Originally posted by requiem

Dude!!! I assume you're referring to me here!? I'm talking about on Novembre's first album, 'Wish I Could Dream It Again' from 1994!! The vocals on that one are ok, but pretty all over the place.

Of course his vocals are amazing now. 'Novembrine Waltz' is my third all time favourite album, and I prefer his vocals to Mikael's!

I had 'Classica' for ages before I got 'NW', and I can tell you that 'NW' leaves it for dead. 'Classica' is a great album, no doubt about that, but the new one is not just great- it's phenomenal.

yea 'Wish I Could Dream It Again' has terrible vocals...is their second album any good?

Yeah, it's heaps better. I haven't heard it that many times (I just downloaded it yesterday), but the music and vocals are more like the Novembre of today.

You can still see the progression happening, but they're not as bad.

Originally posted by requiem

NW is a bit gay. Classica has much more emotion... WÝsh I could dream it again has one of the best novembre song "Sirens in Filth".

Lion in a Cage
NW is a bit gay. Classica has much more emotion... WÝsh I could dream it again has one of the best novembre song "Sirens in Filth".

THANK YOU. You're the first person I've heard to utter a kind word about this album. I'll look to hearing "Sirens.."

Moonlapse
I'm currently listening to 'Distances'... I can't get into them... not a good sign...

No, it's usually not. Listen. When I first got NW and Classica, I only listened to NW. I didn't really like what I heard. It sounded like they had skills but were just throwing them all in the same pot at once and it sounded almost terrible to me. There was too much going on and I didn't like it. Valentine was the first song I warmed up to. After that... I was interested in what Classica was. I wanted to hear more from the band.

Just give it more time is all I'm saying.

Originally posted by Opet
Distances?

requium
Wow, Carmello's vocals are really out of tune on the first album. It's cool though, because I know what he's capable of, so it makes it easier to listen to!

Well, Metaldisc had that album. I bought it. I want them all. In hand. Readily available. I love what they do.

My favorites off NW are Valentine and Venezia Dismal so far. Cold Blue Steel from Classica. I'm in the process (hopefully) of getting a copy of "Arte Novencento".

Agreed. Good idea, Kush. Recommend a review. Good to see you again, Lion. :)

I want those albums too!!! They are near impossible to find
headbang.gif
. I also want their earlier catacomb albums. They must be digitally remastered and re-released! maybe if we can get more people to love them...

Originally posted by Lion in a Cage
I think Novembre is the best melodic death metal band ever(along with Opeth, but I like them more). I haven't heard anything from them for a looong time. Anyone know what they are up to?

test2.JPG

Hi! I was at their probably last gig (for this year) last saturday, in Vicenza, Italy. Carmelo told me they are working on the new album, that will be out next october. Bye