Now Playing Thread

NineFeetUnderground said:
interpol is interesting, dark, melodic, unique for the pop and rock genre, and has a sound fairly different from everything else i listen to. i also think theyre very good at what they do, and i love most of their songs.

so yes...interpol. i dont see what you would find wrong with them in the first place really...are they a "gay" band or something and im not aware of it?
They suck...basically. Their music is very simple. Too simple. They may have the creativity, but not the musicianship. I'll admit Interpol is a lot better than most bands in the genre, but when it comes down to it, they fall short of anything extraordinary; anything at all.

Forest of Åsatrú said:
They suck...basically. Their music is very simple. Too simple. They may have the creativity, but not the musicianship. I'll admit Interpol is a lot better than most bands in the genre, but when it comes down to it, they fall short of anything extraordinary; anything at all.

simplicity is a horrible tool of judgement when it comes to rating bands. most of the best artists of all time dont really have "complicated" music. they just have a great aproach to that archetype.

and interpol are indeed competent musicians...even though they dont rely on flashy solos, or complicated song structures.

their layering, harmonies, and mood are quite profound to me.

i suggest you give them another listen, and re-evaluate.

Pseud0 said:
just about to put on: Ulver - Blood inside for the first time. My package just arrived. I hope its good.

Good? It is the best Ulver release and also my favorite record of the year so far.

Np - Red Sparowes - The Sixth Extinction Crept Up Slowly, Like Sunlight Through the Shutters

I forget the frontman's name (because it is very odd), but he is very rude to fans. He wouldn't sign my cousin's album and all my cousin did was kindly ask. My cousin had the marker and everything. All he had to do was write his fucking name. He was just like "Sorry." and pretty muched dissed him. I had to keep my cousin from kicking his ass.

np: Novembre - Winter 1941

Forest of Åsatrú said:
I forget the frontman's name (because it is very odd), but he is very rude to fans. He wouldn't sign my cousin's album and all my cousin did was kindly ask. My cousin had the marker and everything. All he had to do was write his fucking name. He was just like "Sorry." and pretty muched dissed him. I had to keep my cousin from kicking his ass.

np: Novembre - Winter 1941

The frontman's name is Kristoffer Garm Rygg, also known as Garm. Please, DO NOT forget it.

Yes he is, i enjoy his music abundantly. Unlike a lot of people, I don't let a band's behavior keep me from enjoying their music.Even if Opeth was crazy terrorist assholes, I'd still listen to their music.

Forest of Åsatrú said:
Yes he is, i enjoy his music abundantly. Unlike a lot of people, I don't let a band's behavior keep me from enjoying their music.Even if Opeth was crazy terrorist assholes, I'd still listen to their music.

Indeed.