Now Playing Thread

fleurety

i heard on opeth.com about the band mefisto that mike apparently liked, and ive managed to acquire "the truth' compilation...i like it! anyone else enjoy them? did they ever do anything more than this album thing?

mid tid skall komme i am listening to. i might see if i can acquire their latest album, ive heard it has electronic and jazz influence, any opinion on that?

^ Personally I don't like their latest album. It became TOO much avant-garde. This is mostly a good thing, but not here. And btw, I think I'm maybe going to order 'Min Tid Skal Komme today'.:)

Devin Townsend - Bad Devil:devil:

its really good, even though im not a big fan of black metal / black metal vocals its still enjoyable. i really like the moving, bass driven lighter parts that are scattered throughout the album. i also like in some of the songs the sense of harmony and cool cadences

Same here. I love the opening for 'En Skikkelse i Horisonten' with the acoustic guitar, bass and female vocals (great singer). Fuck..I'm ordering that today!

<code> - The Cotton Optic

yeah thats the part i was thinking about too lol, as well as that long section in the 5th song, a minute or so in. can you recommend me any bands that sound related, or even vaguely similar?