NOW PLAYING thread

Opeth - Hex Omega - phenomenal

Now that I have had a chance to sit back and listen to the entire thing a few times, there are some weak spots certainly...much to be expected when moving in a different direction (albeit tenatively). What I think is funny is my boyfriend made a face and says "It just sounds like there is something missing..."

can anyone guess?

Anyways, porecelain heart is the wekest track on the album, but the simplest, so I can see why it was chosen for a music video I guess.

I do not recommend the new Dillinger Escape Plan to anyone, on a side note.

I liked a lot of Hessian Peel actually. Heir Apparent and Hex Omega are pretty much crap to me though

Blackfield - My Gift of Silence

I broke out the Blackfield last night, too.

Still love them. Truthfully BII was one of the strongest albums released last year.

Ad - Too Late

I think Akerfeldt is a strong enough composer to write worthy material in every aspect.. another words- I truly believe every moment of the album is created for a reason, and I think allowing the "meh" spots to grow would be conducive to the whole musical experience. Be open minded. You can't expect to love everything at first listen... I have found many parts of Watershed to be mediocre initially, but by and by the album is treading new territory, experimenting, evolving... Granted, not everyone is going to eventually love the piece even if they give it time, but don't dismiss it after a few listens guys!

I think Akerfeldt is a strong enough composer to write worthy material in every aspect.. another words- I truly believe every moment of the album is created for a reason, and I think allowing the "meh" spots to grow would be conducive to the whole musical experience. Be open minded. You can't expect to love everything at first listen... I have found many parts of Watershed to be mediocre initially, but by and by the album is treading new territory, experimenting, evolving... Granted, not everyone is going to eventually love the piece even if they give it time, but don't dismiss it after a few listens guys!
Word. Some stuff can take months or even years to fully grow one you, this goes especially with Opeth, in my case anyway.

Infinitum - Slaying The Colossi

The grower albums are usually the best for sure. I've never found Opeth to be that kind of band though. They are rather a band that amazes the listener immediately with awesome, catchy passages. The song structure is never on par with the quality of the parts however and that's not a growing issue. It's a songwriting issue.

Mordicus - Dances From Left

This will be reissued soon...finally! cd/lp with bonus shits!
I'm sure this is up your alley Stefan...crunchy SVEEEEEEDISH guitar tone....death metal , metal ov death.

1993...the only pressing of the cd was limited to 1500. Sad to see the Ebay prices on it...but that should end soon.

And they are Finnish warriors btw.

Definitely! Perhaps you need a lethal dose of Archgoat or Beherit? Well...doubt you would like either of them anyways. CHEKK OUT THO! KTHX!