Now watching thread

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
We had this at our old thread. Seeing as I am a movie freak, I watch several movies on a daily basis. Just post what you have been watching lately.

The Davincie Cod
The Departed
the score
12 Monkeys
Close Encounters of The 3rd kind

The Davincie Cod

LMAO!!!!! The Davinci Cod!!!
Cod(NOAA_pic_for_index).jpg

Children of Men...Fucking excellent movie!

300...Didn't think it was THAT great....Entertaining enough I suppose.

Hmmm what else....The Bourne Identity.....I like those movies for some reason.

I have heard good stuff about Children of Man, never heard of Gring House, but surely, I will check it out

I just watched TCM the beginning along with The New one

Anyone seen Deranged? That is the true story (the one that inspired the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre) Dude, disturbing i must say!

I met the landlord's uncle because his television tripped my circuit breaker. Rather than going "You know... my niece has this place wired really bad and I'm stealing her paying tenant's electricity," he tripped it again. My landlord's reaction was of course "let me know if your bill goes up!" Well, it did to the point we got shut off. After a week, she called to inform us a rewiring would be happening (And if I see proof it hasn't, it will.) So we went out to the movies a lot
Night at the Museum
Shut up. This was the only good thing at the $1.99 cinema. Bitch.

Meet the Robinsons Disney Digital 3d
Fuck you. It's cute.

The Last Mimzy
Some kids find "toys" on a beach that turn out to be sent back from a doomed future. This has to be the second worst billed "kid's movie" of the year. There are some pretty cool events in here but kids would be bored and lost by the end of the first half hour. My guess is studios are pussies and this one decided that the film is too simple/gaping logic hole ridden for adult sci-fi fans so they'd push it as a family film. Personally, I dug it. Mimzy gets preachy sometimes but it plays like one of those cool young adult sci-fi fantasy books.
(By the by the most misleading kids film of the year award goes to Bridge to Terabithia. The trailers and TV ads confused the shit out of me. They showed kids in this Narnia-esque fantasy world fending off giants and shit exclusively. Those things were in the book but as a brief (like two page)escape for a kid whose father kicked his ass. My wife tried tracking the film down and stumbled across reviews from really pissed off people that confirmed my memory hadn't lapsed. Major kudos to Walden Media for punishing illiterate parents by forcing them to explain child abuse AND death with something billed as an escapist fantasy.)