Nsbm

i'm all about national pride, but politics in songs bug me. whatever happened to writting about hellfire and brimstone?
~gR~

They are the artists, doing the creating. If they want to sing about White Nationalism, let them do so. I don't see how anyone has the right to tell the bands to what to sing about, an artists ultimate goal is to make music that pleases himself, and changing their style because of the complaining of people in the "scene" is by definiton selling out. You can protest by not buying their albums or listening to the music. Let those who are open-minded to good music, regardless of what ideology it espouses, do so.

Originally posted by Birgith
it should be fucking annihilated.. why bring politics into metal, when metal is a way of avoiding the political scene? sick.

:lol: Complete utter ignorance, metal has ALWAYS been involved in politics one way or another. To name a few bands here...

D.R.I.
Cryptic Slaughter
(new) Kreator
Napalm Death
Nevermore
Dying Fetus/Misery Index
Assuck
Flotsam & Jetsam (and basically every other 80's band who wrote about our Freedom of Speech in rebellion to Tipper Gore's attack)
Iron Maiden (they've had a few)
Gamma Ray

and I could honestly go on.....

Metal is not just another music genre... metal is a life-style... and when you have a life-style it typically has to have everything that life includes... i.e. if you're into Metal and Beer, the Beer will be assimilated into your lifestyle. I'm in Metal, Philosophy, Psychology, Law, Politics, History, Movies, Fantasy, Theology, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology and alot more... so when I like Metal, and I write Metal lyrics, typically it includes some of my beliefs, which does incorporate this stuff... Metal, as well as most of these, are my life, thus they assimilate into one life-style, get what I'm saying? :)

Originally posted by ProphesizedDoom
:lol: Complete utter ignorance, metal has ALWAYS been involved in politics one way or another. To name a few bands here...

D.R.I.
Cryptic Slaughter
(new) Kreator
Napalm Death
Nevermore
Dying Fetus/Misery Index
Assuck
Flotsam & Jetsam (and basically every other 80's band who wrote about our Freedom of Speech in rebellion to Tipper Gore's attack)
Iron Maiden (they've had a few)
Gamma Ray

and I could honestly go on.....

Metal is not just another music genre... metal is a life-style... and when you have a life-style it typically has to have everything that life includes... i.e. if you're into Metal and Beer, the Beer will be assimilated into your lifestyle. I'm in Metal, Philosophy, Psychology, Law, Politics, History, Movies, Fantasy, Theology, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology and alot more... so when I like Metal, and I write Metal lyrics, typically it includes some of my beliefs, which does incorporate this stuff... Metal, as well as most of these, are my life, thus they assimilate into one life-style, get what I'm saying? :)

I'd like to point out that was basically what I was trying to say before. You hit the nail right on the head, buddy.

Originally posted by tara
I'd like to point out that was basically what I was trying to say before. You hit the nail right on the head, buddy.

Ok, I really didn't get that out of what you said, but nice to see someone actually get's my point! :D

I think i was meant to be a New Jersey child.... I get along with them so much better than my fellow New Yorkers....

Originally posted by Ormir
They are the artists, doing the creating. If they want to sing about White Nationalism, let them do so. I don't see how anyone has the right to tell the bands to what to sing about, an artists ultimate goal is to make music that pleases himself, and changing their style because of the complaining of people in the "scene" is by definiton selling out. You can protest by not buying their albums or listening to the music. Let those who are open-minded to good music, regardless of what ideology it espouses, do so.
Yeah, you're right, but I still can't see what's so cool about singing about nazi-shit!

Originally posted by ProphesizedDoom
Ok, I really didn't get that out of what you said, but nice to see someone actually get's my point! :D

I think i was meant to be a New Jersey child.... I get along with them so much better than my fellow New Yorkers....

I figured as much. That's because I'm retarded sometimes. :cool:
New Jersey sux0rz! Be happy you're from where you're at and not from "New York's Garbage Dump".

Originally posted by Ormir

There is a point, where creativity stops, and dumbness begins. And this point is set by the people who listen to the music, not by the people who make the music. Everyone has to know for himself, where he draws the line. The line is for me drawn, where dumbness in the sense of fascism, white supremacy, etc. begin to start. Of course, you cannot tell the bands, what the lyrics have to be about, but as you said, you may not buy their albums. The descision is up to you, but for me, music is set together by both, the lyrcis and the music itself.