Octavarium leaked

Henkka

Jan 16, 2005
Finland
Yes, now it really has. This is the real deal, not that bullshit James LaBrie solo album with mislabeled titles.

I personally find it to be better than ToT at least, and that's only after one listen. It doesn't seem that awesome though; if you didn't like DT before, you won't like them after hearing this. But fans of the band should enjoy!
I'd say I'm pleased with the album myself.

Not sure how many of you guys listen to DT, but anyways.
Discuss.

//EDIT: on a second thought, I'm not gonna post the url to it. PM me and I'll give it to you.

I think I'll wait.

Why? Cause I dont really care that much. For any band, really. The album will be the same now, and later. At least later, I get the whole package.

Life goes on, go do something.

Fuck, sometimes I hate this shit.

This is a shame really, but I suppose it'll be getting downloaded after it's release aswell, so people may aswell get in early.

Ive never got myself into dream theater ive got a couple of albums, but all they are is musically trained monkeys from L.A, Sure they are skilled and possibly know everything about music. but to be honest when i listen to dream theater everything is over done, shit long solos that have no sort of meaning, justs sounds like a machine. i listen to it and the sound is so sterile, and very boring, fair enough if i havent listened to a couple of albums (images and words and train of thought) then its hard to make a judgement, but ive listen ed to tese albums over and over for maybe a year now and it hasnt got the same charm( the vocals in dream theater really do suck, maybe if they had maynard or something or a lower pitched voice it would sound so much better) as something like Opeth has( i know there are many arguements on this forum that have the ultimatum not as good as opeth. etc etc but in this case i would reccomend opeth anyday). I dont know if anyone else feels this way about dreamtheater, and as awesome musicians as they are, and probably the most amazing live band, i think its wank.

ToT had some seriously cool parts, but overall it just didn't do it for me. What I've heard of this new one gives me a similar feeling, but I'll give it a fair listen first.

I think it's hilarious how you people hate talent, yet you like opeth. You're either the biggest hypocrites ever, or you're just conforming to what other people say so you don't stand out.

edit:

Oh, and Dream Theater rocks. I got train of thought and Live at the Budokan.

Oinkness said:
Oh, and Dream Theater rocks. I got train of thought and Live at the Budokan.
You just own this two?
You ain't heard nothing yet of DT, son.

@Don Corleone
So far I got five tracks with nice sound quality in their entire lenght(The answer lies within, These walls, I walk beside you, Never enough and Sacrificed Sons) and JP is holding back like never before.
Actually I think he really wants to shake off his Shred-virtuoso-wanker- image with this album.
And it works.
Of course there's also some shredding going on and some very nice unisonos of git and keys but the songs aren't consisting just of shredding anymore.

My fav track so far definitely is 'The answer lies within', probably DTs most beatiful ballad ever.
No JP soloing at all, nice strings of a real orchestra(not the fake ones from Jordans Keys like on 6doit) and a LaBrie that sings quite nicely and enjoyable.

To put it in a nutshell, I'm positively surprised.

Dream Theater has like 6 awesome songs. Everything else is mediocre.