Off Topic: Back w/New Car

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
Well, first off hi to everyone... I've missed you all :wave: It's been a tough couple of weeks for me... full of car stress and full of work (not unusual).

Anyway, I haven't been online much... hence my lack of posts. But now that I've solved some problems I think I can safely say I'll be around more often (don't know if anyone noticed that I was gone or what :oops: )

To make a long story short... I've been having car issues for several months now... major repairs.. lot's of $$$... you name it. 3 weeks ago I went to visit my mother (she lives about 2 hrs away... over 150 miles) and my car broke down... it was the weekend and I had to leave it there... needless to say I rented a car as I needed to get back to LA... I had to leave the car at this shop.. I could not make it out there for like 2 weeks... I went back to pick up my car and as I was returning the rent a car my old piece of shit dies on the lot! :yell: The shop where I had left my car at did not do the work! The belt to the alternator was nowhere to be seen! It is a 110 degrees and I am stuck! I called the shop screamed my head off... got into a new rent a car and towed that sucker back... of course it was the weekend and they were not open! I said to myself... that's it.. I've spent enough money and tears on this piece of crap.. it will stay there and I am never driving it again (I just did not feel safe anymore and I had a bad feeling about it) so Tuesday Kittybeast and I went to a dealership... after 2 hrs of negotiating I got a great deal on a 2005!

:D Now all is right with my world again... I have a huge commute back and forth from work to the house... it's a major relief to feel safe again. One problem killed... a few more to go... but I am feeling possitive!

MAJOR thanks to my dear friend Kittybeast (I'd be in deep shit if it wasn't for ya! YOU KNOW IT! ) :worship:

Pabla said:
MAJOR thanks to my dear friend Kittybeast (I'd be in deep shit if it wasn't for ya! YOU KNOW IT! ) :worship:

Well we can't have you in deep shit.... ONLY DEEP METAL!!! :headbang: :headbang:
I'd say i've missed you...but your my roommate...soooooo

Glad to see you in here...now go give support to JonnyD with the Maiden 7th son/ Blaze post! :tickled:

sixxswine said:
Aha! I figured you were roommates or neighbors, it seems like y'all are always
doing stuff together! I need an ultimate metal buddy like that....:cry:

Sixx, Pabla and I talked online through the Iron Maiden forum. We met for the first time at the Long Beach IM show in 2003 and we've been inseperable since. In 5 years of being in the LA area, Pabla was the first girl I met who wasn't a fake or phony, spoke the truth and from the heart and loved metal!!!
It's good to have a metal partner in crime!!!! :cool:

kittybeast said:
Sixx, Pabla and I talked online through the Iron Maiden forum. We met for the first time at the Long Beach IM show in 2003 and we've been inseperable since. In 5 years of being in the LA area, Pabla was the first girl I met who wasn't a fake or phony, spoke the truth and from the heart and loved metal!!!

I'm fucking jealous!
You ladies rule...
\m/

:wave: hola!

Yes... we are very lucky to have each other :D we always have a blast :headbang: We could be sistas ya know? :p

Salutations from a new member to the UMOS forum. You have my full empathy about your vehicle problems, I'm currently having similar problems with my motorbike; it's been off the road since March 20th!! I'm having withdrawal symptoms.....

Welcome back to the looney asylum Pablita ;)

Is repairing cars a major issue in US? I have seen the Pabla episode a lot in the pass, I mean fake/bad repairs at a high price.

Here repairing is also expensive, and particularly my mechanic is damn expensive! But he always does a perfect job, so that problem never show up again. A mechanic has to be like the dentist or the gyno, very private and very reliable :lol:

War Machine 212 said:
Salutations from a new member to the UMOS forum. You have my full empathy about your vehicle problems, I'm currently having similar problems with my motorbike; it's been off the road since March 20th!! I'm having withdrawal symptoms.....

:wave: Welcome! :erk: Hope you get your bike sorted soon... my old car will probably go to the junkyard :err: cause it's a long way back from hellllllllll :headbang:

Wyvern said:
Welcome back to the looney asylum Pablita ;)

Is repairing cars a major issue in US? I have seen the Pabla episode a lot in the pass, I mean fake/bad repairs at a high price.

Here repairing is also expensive, and particularly my mechanic is damn expensive! But he always does a perfect job, so that problem never show up again. A mechanic has to be like the dentist or the gyno, very private and very reliable :lol:

Indeed it is a big issues querido! I had managed to snag a good mechanic... but I ended up breaking down at the wrong place and at the wrong time!

Are you hinting that you want to be a gyno? :err: or am I reading wrong? :p :wave:

kittybeast said:

It was love at first listen :D

Hahahaha, seriously... this is the coolest chick ever, I remember when I didn't have a car she would pick me up to go to shows and bring me back home! :worship:

Now I offer to drive... :err: I don't think she likes my driving ( :lol:)

Pabla said:
Que? No te entendi... but knowing you it's probably something bad :p

You don't know what is a Yugo? (not in Spanish)

Pabla said:
Are you hinting that you want to be a gyno? :err: or am I reading wrong? :p :wave:

No way! I'll hate to work were others have fun :heh:

car-threads...for one reason or another I can't keep my nose out of them ....

worthless.gif

Car problems, I had my good share last month, spent 1200$ on my car last month (blew the head gasket and some surrounding stuff on my Chrysler Stratus :cry: ), could well be spent otherwise...
few months ago I had to give up putting money in my lady's 15 year old Volkswagen and bought this brand new Chevy ermmmm. thing :loco:
image_1_05.jpg