When
Bleak
In my Time of Need
The Drapery Falls
Grand Conjuration
Demon of the Fall
Blackwater Park

encore: Deliverance

Leper Affinity or Drapery Falls ??? There should be no confusion between the two.

Damn, No Face of Melinda

Great setlist. Now all they have to do is switch The Grand Conjuration with Harlequin Forest.

opeth8 said:
Leper Affinity or Drapery Falls ??? There should be no confusion between the two.

Damn, No Face of Melinda

I hope it is Drapery... Leper Affinity is one of the less memorable Opeth tunes, IMO. My wife is going to be seriously disappointed that Face of Melinda isn't on the setlist... it is probably her favorite Opeth tune :(.

Agalloch said:
How was Pelican's set?
Yeah, how were they? I missed them when they came to MA not too long ago, and I am very sad they are not going to be on for my show (I have already seen Nevermore live, and they bored me). Le sigh.

As for The Leper Affinity or The Drapery Falls...meh...I have heard them both several times (the only show without either was the Damnation tour). I hope they put another song in there...maybe Moonlapse Vertigo? I do not think they have played that for a good while (I know at the Milwaukee Metalfest...maybe the 2001 tour, but I was not there). Or of course, there are plenty of others songs that would be better than that, but I remembered the recording of that song being pretty awesome...not the sound quality itself, but its live translation.

Oh well...we shall see.

varnacht said:
PORTLAND 10/12 SETLIST

Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
In My Time of Need
The Drapery Falls
Grand Conjuration
Demon of the Fall
Blackwater Park

encore: Deliverance

This set is the correct one. They actually switched stuff up because of people posting setlists.

Yes, my mistake, they did play Drapery and not Leper Affinity. I was sitting up in the balcony and couldn't quite hear what Mike was saying very well. After checking the lyrics, it seems I had listed the wrong song. However, the rest of it is correct.

Fireball Ministry's set was... okay. Most of the crowd there didn't care for them though. It was decent biker metal, nothing spectacular. Pelican, on the other hand, was outstanding. Everyone really dug them. They played March To The Sea first, which is 20 minutes long and took up close to half of their playing time. They really have a lot of energy live... only complaint is that their bassist strums.

ahh if Pelican can play March to the Sea, why can't Opeth play Black Rose Immortal.

varnacht: let me get this straight, demon of the fall is no longer the encore song? :loco:

damn this in my time of need bullshit....why the hell didn't the cut it instead of the face of melinda.........MOONLAPSE VERTIGO, oh well thank God WHEN is still on the setlist, **sigh of relief**

Actually if you want to get picky, the version of march into the sea they played was the one off of the LP which is only a bit longer than 10 min...the ep version is 20 min and has a long acoustic interlude.

Pelican was alright. I saw them when they came through about a month ago, and this performance was superior (they were completely dwarfed by red sparowes last time they came)...I've been a pelican fan since the first EP, but I've always kind of felt that their performances should be better than they are...they really don't do the recorded music quite the justice it deserves.

As for Opeth's set, it was pretty solid. The 2nd setlist posted was correct, and to answer someone's earlier question, it was 'Billie Jean' not 'Thriller'.

Mikael was top notch on the humor as always...

"I know that having you all sing along somehow lessens the performance, especially for a death metal band...but, after all, we are pretentious cunts"

Damn no stuff from Morningrise or Orchid. I hope they throw at least 1 or 2 in by the time they get to MA.

Did they have a white Nevermore shirt there, with a picture of the band in front (the picture is grey kinda) and says This Godless Endeavor? I think it's long sleeve. I saw a picture of Warrel wearing one and I think it looks really cool.

naboo said:
Damn no stuff from Morningrise or Orchid. I hope they throw at least 1 or 2 in by the time they get to MA.

Did they have a white Nevermore shirt there, with a picture of the band in front (the picture is grey kinda) and says This Godless Endeavor? I think it's long sleeve. I saw a picture of Warrel wearing one and I think it looks really cool.

Nevermore isn't on the tour yet.

Disappointing that they don't have anything from Still Life, I would've loved Godhead's even if they play it often enough.

Aside from TGC, it looks great though.

I'm wondering why they don't play "ghost of perdition". It's a great song and the first one of the newest album. At first I thought maybe Axe just needed more practice- time for this song but this doesn't seem to bew the problem.