OFFICIAL AMERICAN SETLIST THREAD

They didn't play Ghost of Perdition, and I was surprised. I had expected to hear more than two songs from GR. As far as In My Time Of Need, the crowd ate it up and sang every word along with the band. It's really a live-show favorite, and I can see why they play that rather than Face of Melinda. FoM happens to be one of my favorites, but I did love Damnation and I'm glad they played something from it.

And yeah it was Billie Jean... again Mike was hard to hear and he said "Thriller", which of course is the album Billie Jean was on, so I was confused. Martin Axenrot and Per Wiberg did a fun version of it and the whole crowd bobbed their heads.

Demon of the Fall is, apparently, not the encore song. They played it seventh out of nine songs. Deliverance may be the encore for this tour.

As for 'Ghost of Perdition', I wonder if Mikael might have problems pulling of the "higher..." melody every second night. There's some pretty god-damn high notes in the first part - just try singing along to it. Or maybe they just need a bit more time in the jam room to totally ace it every time they play it.

It does seem strange though, to play 'Baying...' over 'Ghost...' I mean, both are fantastic songs, but I just though 'Ghost...' would have been the natural choice (being roughly equivalent to this album's 'Deliverance' or 'The Drapery Falls').

*shrugs*

I would prefer nothign from Damnation. In my Time of Need is rather boring, on disc and live.

FoM is WAY better. I would even take Harvest over any Damnation songs.

I would love for them to have played Benighted or Face of Melinda. However, upon seeing and hearing the crowd reaction to In My Time of Need, I can see that playing a Damnation song is a good choice for Opeth. It absolutely killed, and it's my favorite song off that album.

Remember, they make and play music THEY like.

Hey guys, I'm new here, but a long time fan of Opeth.

I'm going to the show in MA on October 30th.

Anyways, I figured i'd just toss up my "idea" setlist (I've never seen Opeth live before)

In no particular order:

Apostle In Triumph
Nectar
April Ethereal
The Moor
Benighted
The Leper Affinity
Wreath
A Fair Judgement
Windowpane
Ghost of Perdition
Harlequin Forest

At anyrate, the real set list should still be kick ass. Peace.

This is my ideal set

The Funeral Potrait
April Ethereal
Masters Apprentice's
Ghost of Perdition
Serenity Painted Death
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Harlequin Forest

My dream list:

the twilight is my robe
black rose immortal !!!
when
godhead's lament
bleak
master's apprentices
windowpane
harlequin forest

^ EXACTLY! The fact they are playing something off of MAYH (and the fact it is my 2nd fave song off the album; Ethereal being the BEST - man it'd rule if they played it, but I already saw it live) is damn amazing! Can't wait to hear WHEN live!

Shit, When and Bleak - I hope these two tracks will be played in Montreal! Please! PLEASE!

On a sidenote, VERY disappointing FoM isn't being played. It's almost TOO cruel not to play anything off their BEST album (in my opinion) Still Life.

RDreamer said:
Okay! I am back! Here is the setlist in its entirety:

1. Baying of the Hounds
2. When
3. Bleak (Yes, they actually played Bleak!!!)
4. In My Time Of Need
5. The Grand Conjuration
6. The Leper Affinity
7. Demon Of The Fall
8. Interlude- Michael Jackson's Thriller (Mike wanted the audience to bob their heads to a beat which led into-)
9. Blackwater Park (Yes, they actually played this too- I've never seen this or Bleak on a setlist before)

And finally, for an encore...
10. Deliverance

It was an AMAZING show. Martin Axenrot is more than an adequate replacement for Lopez. I hope he gets well soon, but Opeth is doing just fine at this point.

As for Merch... I got a t-shirt, Opeth letters logo in front in sort of a brownish camo-style coloring, with a list of all 05 Tour dates on the back. My dad got a Ghost Reveries long-sleeve shirt, has GHOST Reveries on the back and OPETH with the candlesticks from the album cover on the front. I don't have any pics, unfortunately.

I hope this helps you all!

ok iwas in Portland and they played THE DRAPERYFALLS not THE LEPER AFFINITY. ok thats all

Reclusive Strike said:
Hey guys, I'm new here, but a long time fan of Opeth.

I'm going to the show in MA on October 30th.

Anyways, I figured i'd just toss up my "idea" setlist (I've never seen Opeth live before)

In no particular order:

Apostle In Triumph
Nectar
April Ethereal
The Moor
Benighted
The Leper Affinity
Wreath
A Fair Judgement
Windowpane
Ghost of Perdition
Harlequin Forest

At anyrate, the real set list should still be kick ass. Peace.

An incredible set idea. Good show sir.

The one for the SF show was as follows

The Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
The Moor (WINNAR! in yer face fanboys!)
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
interlude (walking off the stage)
Demon of the Fall (encore)

SFs was better....niggahs!

varnacht said:
PORTLAND 10/12 SETLIST

Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
In my Time of Need
The Drapery Falls
Grand Conjuration
Demon of the Fall
Blackwater Park

encore: Deliverance

This is almost the same setlist they had during their last tour in europe, except deliverance wasn't their encore, it was DotF, and they didn't played bleak as well. But I definitely want to see those songs live!!
Awesome setlist, although i hope they will change it a bit more, like some other dude said here. And they can scrap the baying of the hounds...instead they could play harlequin forrest :headbang:
And when does martin lopez coming back?!?! I hope to see martin lopez on drums when they're coming to europe again. But what the hell, Hell will unleash all it powers anyway when opeth is playing:devil:

10/13/2005 Fillmore @ San Francisco, CA USA:

Baying of the hounds
When
Bleak
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
The Moor
Deliverance
Blackwater Park

Encore: Demon of the Fall​

EDIT: Oops. Maharet already posted this above. Oh well.