Olympics

sixxswine said:
I was very disappointed in the USA Hockey Team...
I'm glad that Hockey is spreading across the world
and it appears that the World is giving North America
a run for their money. Good for them...

I like to watch the cute Asian women figure skating. Does that count ?

Bryant

Death Animal said:
OUH JEAH
Finland-Kanada 2-0 (hockey)

Well i´m watching hockey and curling:D

I need to watch some more Olympics than I have so far this year. I do enjoy good sporting events. I of course pull for the US (and some for Japan since my wife is Japanese) but I like to see an athlete or a team pull out a victory and a gold (or any medal) that wasn't expected to even come close.
Seeing an athlete really pull out the performance of his/her lifetime on that big stage and see their reaction is really a heartfelt moment, no matter what country they represent. The pride they have for themself and their country they are representing is a great thing.
The hockey is great, but you have players from countries playing for different countries they are from. The smaller events that are less popular are where the joy in the Olympics really are.

Bryant

Bryant

I don't have time to follow the events in this years winter olympics, but I must stress how proud I am of our champion skier Janica Kostelic!
The girl is incredible, she's been through hell with her injuries, many doubted she'd ever ski properly again and she became the greatest woman skier of all times by winning two gold medals on this olympic games and three on previous. In other words, she's a proud owner of gold medals in ALL categories (slalom, giant slalom, super g, downhill and combination). :worship:

Bryant said:
The hockey is great, but you have players from countries playing for different countries they are from.

Uh... it may be the fact it's 1 a.m. in here or the fact that I'm a complete tool, but I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. I mean, the last I checked it's still national teams playing in the Olympics? :confused:

tsorl said:
Uh... it may be the fact it's 1 a.m. in here or the fact that I'm a complete tool, but I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. I mean, the last I checked it's still national teams playing in the Olympics? :confused:

Italy's goalie (for example) is a Canadian born player and former NHL player. He played in the Italian league for two years so he could get a chance to play the olympics. I am not saying ALL teams have players from other countries.... that is simply not the case. I am just saying it is getting a little watered down.
In the summer olympics, for example, Yao Ming played for China. He is Chinese, but is employed by the NBA. He doesn't live in China. This is the opposite of the Canadian born team Italian goalkeeper.

Bryant

Team Usa got punked today. But hey congrats to finland the country
of my two favorite black metal bands best of luck with slovakia i think
that might be the gold medal game i could be wrong. Oh well at least
the womens hockey team got a bronze and the US got a silver medal
in Ice dancing:tickled: !!

KMADD said:
Team Usa got punked today. But hey congrats to finland the country
of my two favorite black metal bands best of luck with slovakia i think
that might be the gold medal game i could be wrong. Oh well at least
the womens hockey team got a bronze and the US got a silver medal
in Ice dancing:tickled: !!