One of the most anticipated reads of 2008 ...

Kinda off-topic, but I think it would be really cool if Mike wrote a "happy" song. I don't mean happy as in pop music happy, but a song that you know... hard to explain... but emits happy emotions... or something.
Never think I have heard a "happy" song that I liked, but I think Mike could pull it off!

Though I love sad songs of course :)

listen to Ghost Reveries ... especially Atonement. Sounds pretty happy anyway.

listen to Ghost Reveries ... especially Atonement. Sounds pretty happy anyway.

I don't really think of it as a happy song, I think it has a pretty sad feeling, though not as sad as other tracks.
I just remembered one song I think sounds happy that I like; Porcupine Tree - Stranger By The Minute, especially the line "they look like tourists, it makes me want to laugh" :)

Edit: Do you think GR sounds happy as a whole? I think it's a very dark sounding record, although some parts are a bit "hopeful" or something, don't know how to put it :) certainly not happy though

"Help me... cure you..."
A song full of hope... oh... :)

Atonement is indeed a bit happy. I always skip that song. But the end of the song is a very good intro for Harlequin Forest.

Shoelace Pie will of course be full of happy songs... I can't wait!

Atonement is indeed a bit happy. I always skip that song. But the end of the song is a very good intro for Harlequin Forest.

The intro is called Reveries, and if you look at your cd player while it's on, you'll see that it's not on the same track as Atonement but rather like: Track 05 Time -00:35 ....or something like that