opeth.com update

I agree with the point about having Peter on the dvd way after he quit the band. And if the new album gets released before this dvd, it'd make more sense to have a dvd with some new songs. It's like welcome to Opeth in 2006. Oh well. I'm sure it wil be worth the wait.

Yes, it sucks...

Get over it.

God i hate retarded comments like this.
Just because someone state his discontent doesnt mean he dwells on it.
If the delay doesnt bother you then dont post, but dont complain like everyone else and then tell the rest to get over it, you are no better.

This is something that i´ve never come across with any other bands fans. The idea of "be grateful that they recorded a dvd to begin with,dont whine" seems odd to me. Yeah of course i´m grateful they recorded the dvd, but that doesn´t mean that i will gladly accept this kind of arrogance. No shadow on Opeth i might add,i reckon they would want to get this dvd out to the public as soon as possible,but i think those responsible are behaving like arrogant assholes,aka the record company.

Well fuck you, if you wanna wait til your deathbed for the dvd fine I think its BS. And its not like its the first time it happens either...

Thanks! I hope I do get a fuck! And I can wait till my body rots away and than someone can put the DVD for my dust to see.

rather strange decision seeing as it will seem incredibly dated considering how much the band is going to change up until that point. while its understandable that maybe its cutting it too close to the next release, but no one is really going to give a shit about a dvd that was filmed 2 years ago except for the die hard fans. I will of course buy it, but its kinda strange to release it that late after the cd. gunna miss out on a right little earner.

Get the CD... enjoy it. Get the new record next... enjoy that. When the DVD comes out... it'll seem fresh and new by then and will have extra stuff as well.

Really, the CD is good. Listen to it in your car and watch the DVD in your house when it comes out (or in your car if you are a real pimp).

I read every single post here.....and mostly the mood is pissed,disappointed and disgust with the biz side of music.....and its no surprise....i know Opeth prolly didn't have much to do with it....its the fucking labels....man....Im just fuckin pissed too ....fuck it....i don't know if Ill buy the DVD....we'll see....PEAC EOUT

This sucks! I have to stop looking foward to it now. And start all over again in the spring...

Hope at least the new album will be out before then...

really dum in my opinion, the cd rocks and if they had brought the dvd out in say feburary then im sure we would have all bought it. Im sure i can afford that and to pay for the new album and to see them on tour all next spring. Now thatsa waisted opportunity, they should have released dvd so you could buy it early at gigs then relase it properly when tour ended, so greatincentive to go see them again.

some other bands i know take this stratagy to make sure gigs well attended

time for mike to spill the beans :err:

I mean really... wtf does Mike or anyone else owe any explanation? Where was an actual release date for the DVD ever stated?

Bunch of whiney ingrates iyam

EARLY 2008 is hardly SEP 2008....come on.....even u know that.....we understand ure a the MOD...so u cant bad mouth the band or label...we're only pissed with the label...not Opeth....and only ask for Mikey's response....coz hes always straight up about stuff....and doesn't B.S....plus his answers usually calms everyone down.....PEAC EOUT

I mean really... wtf does Mike or anyone else owe any explanation? Where was an actual release date for the DVD ever stated?

Bunch of whiney ingrates iyam

Mike doesn't owe us anything but since he's the only one from the band that writes on the forum he could tell us what's going on behing the curtains.