Opeth forum closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were most likely forced by Roadrunner, not Mikael.

Edited because I did not know what you meant, but you are still a dickwad, drow! :)

Tumn said:
They were most likely forced by Roadrunner, not Mikael, don't even compare him to Bush, dickwad.

bite me. Go listen to your Opeth CD's in the dark and feel all evil. Never seen a band turn it around like them.

AbsentFriend said:
These so called leaks are these streams that Roadrunner put up themselves or very shitty radio-rips... They don't make people not buy their new album do they...!?

Actually the Ghost of Perdition song leak was the CD-version.

Who cares about the Opeth forum closing though? Most of the people that posted there were idiots that complained about everything Opeth did. I'll stick to the Katatonia and Forest Stream boards :D

Luz said:
^ Good for you, but hey, not every fucking people in that forum were idiots.
Happens to be a 50% / 50% situation.
I didn't say they all were...some of them were nice. But most of them were morons.

There were some dipshits but for the most part the older posters were pretty cool.
Even MA would post every once in a while. Something is happening in the Opeth camp.
I would like to be a fly on the wall at teh Akerfeldt residence. Melinda is crying tonight.:(

I'm really pissed off. What should I browse right now... it appeared like 4 or 5 links to unofficial Opeth Forums and noone is working or the registration is a pathetic waste of time god damnit.

Black Tears said:
Actually the Ghost of Perdition song leak was the CD-version.

Who cares about the Opeth forum closing though? Most of the people that posted there were idiots that complained about everything Opeth did. I'll stick to the Katatonia and Forest Stream boards :D

^^ I agree with this.

It's not 50-50, its more like 90% assholes. That forum is the worst I have ever visited in the last 10 years, no kidding. Full of pigs, just mouthing each other off.

I understand. But there was great threads to talk about music in general. All this shit was because some assholes were downloading the album (which I believe it's a tremendous lack of respect to the band even if you're gonna buy the new album) and talking shit about Opeth selling out and stuff, which I definitely don't care at all.
Also I've made great friends there and I have known lots of new/old music that I didn't know it existed.

Luz said:
I understand. But there was great threads to talk about music in general. All this shit was because some assholes were downloading the album (which I believe it's a tremendous lack of respect to the band even if you're gonna buy the new album) and talking shit about Opeth selling out and stuff, which I definitely don't care at all.
Also I've made great friends there and I have known lots of new/old music that I didn't know it existed.

The whole album had actually leaked?

Nah, I don't think so, maybe 2 or 3 songs? we should ask Gunhaver.

I don't know what happened today to make such an stupidity like closing the forum down, so that's why I wanted to know if anyone talked with Moonlapse, Metalages or Anna.

They have been keeping things from us for a while. Mabey this is a good thing.
If you abandon a friend, a friend will soon abandon you.

The Hubster said:
^^ I agree with this.

It's not 50-50, its more like 90% assholes. That forum is the worst I have ever visited in the last 10 years, no kidding. Full of pigs, just mouthing each other off.

hmmm yeah, the forum has deteriroated(sp?) lately, it was good when i first started browsing mid 2003, even then there were a few assholic trolls around, i posted a few threads on there in the last 6 months trying to spark some intellectual, non-flame inducing discussion, but alas the place really has gone under. I think its a good turn for it to close for a month or so, lets things calm down, and come back with the album to talk about, though sadly i think the natural procession will be for it to turn to poop quite quickly again, but at least there are some great people on there!

p.s was i one of the assholes? i tried not to be where i could!

The Opeth forum was terrible, but it was good for a laugh sometimes. Nevermore's forum is remarkably bad, too. I've always held that the Katatonia, Orphaned Land and Vintersorg forums are the best on here.

Well, oh well.

P.S. @Luz: It's driving me nuts now. What the hell is your signature-video from? It's disturbing as fuck. @_@

heh yeah luz has the best sig ever.

my two cents on the opeth forum, having been a regular there:
it turned to complete crap. i left a couple months ago because i couldn't handle the incredible immaturity of many posters, which seemed to start with gunhaver and spread like a nasty infection. it's really unfortunate because i like a lot of the people who used to post there (you know who you are ;) ) but things just got completely out of hand.

the worst part was the utterly insane repetitiveness of threads; by the end you couldn't go 2 days without a thread titled "OMG WUT'S MICHULS' SETUP LOLZZZ" or "OMG WUT IS UP WIF TEH COUGH IN TEH MOOR!?!?"...i browsed a couple times after i quit posting there and was utterly amazed at the general shittiness of the threads, just people flaming each other back and forth like children.

with increasing popularity it's natural that the forum is gonna be filled with newbs and maybe i'm just bitter, but i couldn't care less that the opeth forum is gone. good riddance. let's just pray the flood of retards doesn't wash over the rest of UM.

ahh yeah i wondered where you went to cthulufhtagn, along with heaps of other long time members, haha i never got round to asking the origin of your user name :D?

Status
Not open for further replies.