opeth has signed with roadrunner now!

Never thought my topic would go this far. I didn't make it to offend anyone, so I hope there isn't any bad blood because of it. I don't see it as a bad thing that Opeth signed to roadrunner, just so you know.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Yes, we're getting flamed for signing to RR. People think we're sellouts and that our album will suck. Nice! I've always wondered when we'd get accused of that.

To be fair, theres plenty here who while not particularly liking RR are going crazy with anticipation for the new album. The only reason people care so much about who Opeth signs with anyway is that we are all so passionate about the band. Nice to hear from you though!

Oh, and does this mean RR will be rereleasing the Opeth back catalogue? What about dvds in the near future as well?

hmm...

I think that if mike signed with RR, it is that it must have the certainty which it will be able to make what it wants of Opeth without constraints. there must be a clause of this type if not he would not have signed.

1: Those song titles are fucking cool

2: Im excited that I will be able to walk down to my local cd shop and not have to pay through the nose for thier next album

3: Get your asses back to Australia

Oh sweet lord Mikael rocks.

And no, that wasn't a misplaced modifier.

whirling's at it again...comedy. I was at party last night and people were actually playing the XBox Episode III video game. Kinda...non partyish? if you ask me. I haven't seen the new film yet, I heard it was better than Return of the Jedi.

You guys remember when Mike posted on this thread? That was great.

I don't doubt a second that this will be there best release ever. I think they are getting better for each record. The new songtitles sounds really great and please Mike, put up samples of the new songs, can't wait to here them.

U ROCK my brother MIKe........!!!!!......cant wait for teh next reocrd....ive been playin a playlist of Opeth of running time 6 hours everyday at work.......adn I Hope to continue to do so unless I get yeeled at for LOUD mucis......hahaha.......but yeah man....u guys rock....ure the best band out there right now in my humble opinion...adn ure Def. teh Best vocallist too......!!!!!......ROCK ON Brother......!!!......PEAC EOUT

opeth14.jpg

Is it just me or does Link have a golden cock on his shoulder?

Anyways, in regards to what Mikey said, THANKYOU HEAPSNESS for posting that - it's exactly what everyone needed.

And I agree with Alternative 3 - come back to Australia!!!

On another note...I'd imagine that with Roadrunner funding Opeth might be able to perform for a DVD with songs from their old albums - now wouldn't that be spanky?

BRI said:
Notice Mike said screams and not growls...

He always calls them screams. I don't think that implies a black metal approach to the vocals. I imagine we'll be treated to the same old great death vocals we always have.