Opeth in Rock Band?

I have played some Opeth songs on Frets On Fire, it's a free PC version and anyone can make songs for it, I have played Demon of the Fall and Heir Apparent, and some of Windowpane, but that song has only been made for the hardest difficulty and I am nowhere near that good :( You have to play with a keyboard which is tricky but I might invest in a cheap GH/RB guitar on Ebay, on the other hand I might buy a cheap electric guitar and amp and learn to play that instead, but I don't know whether I would have the time to learn it now as I'm doing A-levels :(

Some Opeth songs can be found here for anyone interested.

Do they do a drum frets on fire?

If not someone should get on that.

Drapery Falls would be cool in Rockband.

Do they do a drum frets on fire?

If not someone should get on that.

Drapery Falls would be cool in Rockband.

One of the mods adds the drums, I haven't used it much though, it's even harder to drum on a keyboard then play guitar.

Btw, if anyone does get Frets on Fire I highly recommend getting a modded version unless your PC is quite old, the default one looks horrible.
A ready modded version is available here.

(I'm not advertising the game or anything, I just think more people should know about it because it's great for a free game.)

The only reason I'm squeamish about the idea is that it will create a lot of fake Opeth fans who only know their songs from Rock Band, but claim they are the best band ever. And Rock Band is fun, get off your high horses just because you can play a real guitar.
If they would claim Opeth is the best band ever, don't you think they would get hold of their albums?

Personally I don't care if Opeth ends up in one of these games.
I get tired of Guitar Hero pretty fast.

If they were to ever put a song on guitar hero/rockband, Weakness would do the trick. The drums and bass would be epic.

Dunno if its been said, but Mikael said in an interview that his management have not been approached by the game companies to use Opeth material, if my memory is right, Mikael is open to the idea.

I think the guitars all in the beginning area of The Leper Affinity are so catchy and fun, and would be perfect for rock band. Sadly the song doesnt stay that way.

I do think that it should be Opeth song that has all clean vocals, because I really would like to sing along, because I can't growl. I think Porcelain Heart would be a great choice, it sounds like a Opeth song to me, just minus the growl. Burden would suck, mainly because Burden sounds like a old-school band, and people would prolly think all of Opeth's music sounds like that, and would make them unpopular with younger people who's never heard them.

Harequin Forest would be nice, it has minimal growls and pretty good guitars.

No, no, no, wait, wait, I know!

DEMON OF THE FALL! It has amazing guitars the whole time! and I'de sacrifice singing along for that song.

Why care about those fake fans. that would be fun to play something like The Funeral Portrait, Deliverence, and something soft Hope Leaves.

I don't see the real harm in putting Opeth in Rock Band, as long as it's a song that truly exemplifies 'Opeth'... like The Moor, Blackwater Park, or The Drapery Falls.

^I don't see any harm either. Playing the drums in the hardest difficulty could be actually pretty fun to some tricky Opeth songs.