Opeth is a great band

I like Orchid a bit, but I never listen to it so I may as well not. I find them quite boring, and "choppy." Good musicians and what not. I can't stand Mikael's vocals though, his clean ones bore me and his harsh vocals are nothing to stand in awe over.

The Greys said:
The guitar playing in hypocrisy is awful.

There are times when I dislike the tone of Hypocrisy's guitars, but I have never thought the actually playing was anywhere near awful.

Judging from this post and others you have made, you seem to have a unique view on what makes a guitarist good.

Opeth is average. Not nearly as bad as the shit they get, but on the same token nowhere near as incredible as fanboys go on and on about

Ex-cally-boo said:
I like Orchid a bit, but I never listen to it so I may as well not. I find them quite boring, and "choppy." Good musicians and what not. I can't stand Mikael's vocals though, his clean ones bore me and his harsh vocals are nothing to stand in awe over.

I think Mikael and Tägtgren's vocals are the best growls around. I can see why you'd be unimpressed with them from orchid, though...they've improved a lot. I think his older vocal tone suited orchid better though.