Opeth is a great band

Opeth iz da bestest band eva!!!11!1

But seriously. While I can tell that they are great musicians and Michael has the ability to compose some killer metal riffs, the soft sections and the lyrics really turn me off to the band.

^ Wrong. And they're probably the only band you listen to anyway.

DERON CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE

Jesus Christ dude I know you get a raging boner everytime you see even the slightest oppertunity to complain about Opeth and that you have risen to such a high plateau of kvltness that you are offended by the mere notion of an Opeth thread being on the same page as whatever eastern European Burzum clone you are currently into but give it a rest already. This thread is no more or less legitimate than a thread about any other band that regularly gets mentioned on this forum and the fact that there is a specific Opeth forum doesn't really have anything to do with that. Plus given the abysmal quality of the Opeth one can you really blame him for posting it here?

Not a huge fan at all. I only own Blackwater Park and haven't been able to get into it at all. It's all too dramatic and 'nice', and the melodic clean singing parts ruin it for me.

Jesus Christ dude I know you get a raging boner everytime you see even the slightest oppertunity to complain about Opeth and that you have risen to such a high plateau of kvltness that you are offended by the mere notion of an Opeth thread being on the same page as whatever eastern European Burzum clone you are currently into but give it a rest already. This thread is no more or less legitimate than a thread about any other band that regularly gets mentioned on this forum and the fact that there is a specific Opeth forum doesn't really have anything to do with that. Plus given the abysmal quality of the Opeth one can you really blame him for posting it here?

:lol: Man seriously - there's a whole FORUM for this band already, why chuck a thread here? And for the record I do love Opeth's music (except for that happy-go-lucky piece of shit pop record called GR).

/raging boner

I don't care that my opinion on this shitfest of a band is in the minority, it just allows me to put myself on a pedestal of feeling "enlightened" away from the plague upon music that is Opeth.