Opeth/Katatonia US tour?

My $0.02... When I saw Katatonia October last year in SF, the venue was an absolute joke. It was a sweaty, small, cramped, hot bar/venue with maybe 100 people.

Having seen Opeth in much larger venues, I think Katatonia would greatly benefit from playing larger venues, especially in the US where they haven't done that much before.

They'll make more fans

Even though I'm personally not a fan, you could probably bet for a Bloodbath song considering both band's current line ups.

Say what you will but I'm seeing Katatonia on halloween and to think the band aren't going to benefit from being an opener for Opeth is sorely misguided (go up to anyone into metal and ask them if they've heard of katatonia.... and then ask them about Opeth). Hopefully the new Opeth will be amazing, nonetheless This is a completely amazing tour package.

While they wont be winning all that many Opeth fans over as many will know of them already no doubt, they could either try another headline tour with no concrete guarentee of a proper income from it or get on a bigger tour with Opeth, which will no doubt give them a bigger return.

I believe Anders told me they might be getting an hour.

Here is where I'll be..
Sep. 21 - Webster Hall @ New York, NY
Sep. 23 - Trocadero @ Philadelphia, PA
Sep. 24 - headliner, Ill be there, wherever it is
Oct. 01 - House of Blues @ Lake Buena Vista, FL
Oct. 22 - Marquee Theatre @ Tempe, AZ
Nov. 01 - Rams Head Live! – Baltimore, MD

FL and AZ are on my radar, not definite yet.

I was hopeful that they would get at least an hour, just out of respect. Hopefully no one else joins the package

I believe Anders told me they might be getting an hour.

Here is where I'll be..
Sep. 21 - Webster Hall @ New York, NY
Sep. 23 - Trocadero @ Philadelphia, PA
Sep. 24 - headliner, Ill be there, wherever it is
Oct. 01 - House of Blues @ Lake Buena Vista, FL
Oct. 22 - Marquee Theatre @ Tempe, AZ
Nov. 01 - Rams Head Live! – Baltimore, MD

FL and AZ are on my radar, not definite yet.

Word to the Katatonia Mens since we're BFFs and stuff... I live almost exactly halfway between Orlando and Houston, only 5 minutes off of the interstate... if you mens don't wind up booking anything on October 2, you're always more than welcome to get an exclusive tour of the Dirty South from yours truly and Carlotta. I'll even throw a balling cookout if you gentlemen would like to chillax.

Not sure if I'm going to do Atlanta, Orlando, or both.

I can't believe they are finally doing this. I'm planning to hit Worcestor, MA and Hartford, CT. I really hope that the dates for this won't coincide with the 40 Watt Sun tour, as I don't want to miss either. (Though I will, of course, make it to at least one of the Katatonia shows.)

Thanks for informing me about 40 Watt sun, there's only a few dates and not annouced yet. I'm not expecting them to play my city, but it's still cool they're coming over to do some shows.

- 1 General Admission ticket
- Meet and Greet with Opeth before show
- Early Entry into venue.
- 1 High Quality Embroidered Opeth Tour shoulder bag including:
- 1 Special Opeth VIP Tour T-shirt
- Limited-edition Opeth tour poster signed by the band at the meet and greet
- Limited-edition Opeth guitar pick tin with Opeth guitar picks
- Commemorative Opeth show-specific VIP tour laminate
* Please note: Opeth reserves the right to adjust package contents where necessary and contents could change.

No way is that worth anything over $100.00 at best.