OPETH NEWS!

YAY! Hammonds will let Mikael rip off Camel even more! fuckin sweet!

(that's not sarcasm; i fuckin love camel)

I think, if Deliverance is any indicator whatsoever, that Opeth cutting down song-lengths would be a good thing. I'm all for the big epic tracks and stuff, but I'd much rather the guys be sensible and say 'hey guys, we only have 5 riffs in this track, so let's no try to stretch it over 10 mins'.

So whatever the case, I'm pretty glad to hear that. Definately looking forward to blasting the new release through the studio monitor speakers...

I hope this means my dream is coming true:

A double Opeth album, with a seventies sepia look to the cover design, with music very similar to Camel but done the ultra heavy death way.

(Imagine Camel classics like "Another Night" or "Lady Fantasy" done Opeth-style o_O that would be rather :hotjump: :OMG:

Metalmaster said:
Imagine Camel classics like "Another Night" done Opeth-style
Hahah, that just made me imagine how an Opeth cover of that song would sound like.
"MAAAAYBE I'M WRONG BUT I'M FEEEEEELING LIKE ARGGGHGHHHNOTHER NIGHT WILL MAKE IT ALRGGHHHHHIIIGHT"

You know, if it are all good or bad things can be debatable, but I have the feeling that since the last month, my favourite band has changed a lot. Quite a lot.
Offcoarse, we still have to wait till we get to hear the album...

If this new Opeth dosen't live up to the first 5...I won't care really as long as it's a different record and not a Deliverance part 2. This is the most anticipated album of the year for me by far...out of all these releases. And I like Per joining the band as a fulltime member...it just shows that Opeth has been evolving...progression is good.

For me this is the most anticipated album since 'Blackwater Park'. I really hope the new album manages to sneak in a little of the moods and styles of the first four CDs.