Opeth ringtones?

Orchid

Nonchalant Onlooker
May 5, 2001
www.thalesband.com
Howdy guys and gals!

I need your minds: suggestions of Opeth riffs that would suit as cellphone ringtones. Yeah I know - I'm bored, but I'm gonna make myself one, and if it turns out good (most likely it will, heh :p) I'll see what I can do to make it available for others as well.

A suitable riff or part would mean that the both guitars have to play the (almost) same riff (ie. material from the newer albums) or that a certain part of a song which, when you humm to either guitar's part, one can instantly recognize (eg. a very captivating lead guitar which makes you forget to listen to the rhythm guitar). Oh, and not too many simultaneous notes (barrés are ok).

Any riffs / parts of song pop to mind?

The only suitable I could come up with was the beginning of "White Cluster."

What about the opening (i think) riff to the night and the silent water....i think its the opening riff...at work so don't have CDs on me...

YEAH dude.

The choices on the phone I have are...OK, but I had wished the same thing. If you could actually do that, I'd be very interested. The beginning of The Night And The Silent Water seems like it'd be hard, but very cool! :D

The beginning of Moonlapse Vertigo would sound neat or Forest of October.

"In the wake of this relief.
Shivering, longing for more."

The opening riff to Advent. Yeah I know, it's two guitar parts, but just play the main melody that comes through. Graphical chart below (take it from left to right, this indicates pitch, don't read each line by itself!):
..........................................dah....................dah
......dah...................dah..dah......dah..dah..dah......dah
.........................dah...................................................dah
..................dah................................................................dah
dah......dah

:D

Dunno about a specific song / part, but I'd happily pay a euro or two to get an Opeth-ringtone.

Orchid, will you make it available, once it is ready?

-Villain

Yeah of course I will. I'm not sure exactly how, yet, but I'll work something out. ;)

I'll go hunt some mp3s of the above mentioned songs because I'm really really bad with song names. I know maybe five Opeth songs by name. (people all over the world paused their choirs and looked up, children started crying and the elderly sought shelter under their beds as the massive wave of shocked gasps vailed throughout the habited lands...)

:)

I used to think of cell phones as evil, but a little over two weeks ago I had to give in and buy one out of complete necessity. It's not so bad, you just have to not be like the rude-asses. They're convenient, too.

By the way, what do you have to do to get new ringtones? I don't think mine has that capability, but then again, I went with a phone at the bottom end of the price scale...nothing fancy, just what I needed.

As for the ringtones:

The part from about 3:15 to 6 mins on "Under The Weeping Moon" and at about 7:33 in the same song...pretty simple parts. May not work so well for a ringtone, though, I guess.

The solo in "Forest of October" at about 6:32...or if you're ambitious, the part just before it. :)

One minute into "Silhouette"? :p

Well, for starters you need a phone that supports importing of ringtones. :) At least Nokia models 3210 and higher support them, I don't know about the US Nokia models nor Sony-Ericsson, Siemens, Motorola, etc., sorry. I can of course find that out, but I think I should first finish the ringtones. :)

So far I've had the time to do only the lead guitar part of Moonlapse Vertigo that starts at 00:47 mark.

Originally posted by Oyo
I don't have a cellphone, I hate cellphones :mad:

Probably cos you don't have one. :p :lol: j/k

Hey, Orchid. Moonlapse Vertigo...what'd I tell ya. :D Does it sound any good?

"Kept warm by the light of the lantern.
Lost sight of everything tonight."

:lol: That's wicked cool! :lol: It sounds so *cute* in cell phone style...:lol: (baby noises) What do you use to make these sounds? I'd do it myself if I had a clue.