Opeth Song Survivor - Album Final! - Orchid (Vote for the BEST SONG) (BEST)

Vote for the BEST BEST BEST SONG

• In Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Forest of October

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forest of October... In Mist She Was Standing has an amazing intro and outro but the middle parts isn't as good. Twilight should have won though.

This sucks, I'm pretty sure I have like missed out on ALL the Orchid song survivor polls...except this one. Damn, I wasn't there for The Twilight is my Robe & The Apostle in Triumph, two songs which I think are quite a ways superior to Forest (which wouldn't even make my top 10 Opeth song list). I still can't believe they're gone? Did others forget to vote or something as well?

Forest is a great song with a KILLER solo, it just isn't as overall goose-bump forming as the Twilight and Apostle, IMO - far more stunning and epic music!

Anyway, I'm sure as hell glad I made it for this, seeing as how In Mist She Was Standing is my SECOND favourite song from Opeth, right after Black Rose Immortal. Of course IN MIST gets my vote!!! HANDS DOWN! I'm just so relieved it made it this far (I actually thought it would have gotten voted off.)

And to those who think that IN MIST's intro and outro are ONLY the good parts...hell....NO!!!! While they are surely one of Opeth's greatest moments, my favourite parts are, in order;

1. Darkness encloses, And the candles seem to expire.... (fuck, sheer brilliance!!! The VOCALS are by far the BEST! And the powerful music...:eek: This is the kinda stuff that truly impresses me...nothing off the newer stuff can rival this sheer musical power. And 8:36 kicks in flawlessly......

2. Arrival...I saw her standing in the darkness....Standing silent smiling at her presence. A black candle holds the only way. (Again...the vocals simply give me the chills unlike anything else. Always I am in awe, as the music is damn amazing!)

3. The outro...some of the finest guitar music I have ever, EVER heard. Honestly, it is unrivaled, even BRI cannot top this off. And, the damn song has some of the coolest solos intact I have heard, they are something else. Not as technically brilliant as the one found in Forest, but they are incorporated into the song SO WELL, and done so quick it is just awesome in its execution. A PERFECT example; beginning at 4:40. A solo that is just fucking brilliant, followed by a very moving acoustic guitar piece. Chilling......

These are the 3 TOP parts of the song IMO, and dammit....there are TOO MANY overall. There is not one moment of the song that is weak in any way.

Kinda unlikely, but it would be brilliant if this song WON in the end, especially since the beauty that is BRI shockingly lost out so early in the battle.

Alcapoth said:
This sucks, I'm pretty sure I have like missed out on ALL the Orchid song survivor polls...except this one. Damn, I wasn't there for The Twilight is my Robe & The Apostle in Triumph, two songs which I think are quite a ways superior to Forest (which wouldn't even make my top 10 Opeth song list). I still can't believe they're gone? Did others forget to vote or something as well?

Forest is a great song with a KILLER solo, it just isn't as overall goose-bump forming as the Twilight and Apostle, IMO - far more stunning and epic music!

Anyway, I'm sure as hell glad I made it for this, seeing as how In Mist She Was Standing is my SECOND favourite song from Opeth, right after Black Rose Immortal. Of course IN MIST gets my vote!!! HANDS DOWN! I'm just so relieved it made it this far (I actually thought it would have gotten voted off.)

And to those who think that IN MIST's intro and outro are ONLY the good parts...hell....NO!!!! While they are surely one of Opeth's greatest moments, my favourite parts are, in order;

1. Darkness encloses, And the candles seem to expire.... (fuck, sheer brilliance!!! The VOCALS are by far the BEST! And the powerful music...:eek: This is the kinda stuff that truly impresses me...nothing off the newer stuff can rival this sheer musical power. And 8:36 kicks in flawlessly......

2. Arrival...I saw her standing in the darkness....Standing silent smiling at her presence. A black candle holds the only way. (Again...the vocals simply give me the chills unlike anything else. Always I am in awe, as the music is damn amazing!)

3. The outro...some of the finest guitar music I have ever, EVER heard. Honestly, it is unrivaled, even BRI cannot top this off. And, the damn song has some of the coolest solos intact I have heard, they are something else. Not as technically brilliant as the one found in Forest, but they are incorporated into the song SO WELL, and done so quick it is just awesome in its execution. A PERFECT example; beginning at 4:40. A solo that is just fucking brilliant, followed by a very moving acoustic guitar piece. Chilling......

These are the 3 TOP parts of the song IMO, and dammit....there are TOO MANY overall. There is not one moment of the song that is weak in any way.

Kinda unlikely, but it would be brilliant if this song WON in the end, especially since the beauty that is BRI shockingly lost out so early in the battle.

Both songs are fucking amazing, but In Mist She Was Standing used to be my favorite Opeth song before I saw The Drapery Falls Live. It basically got me into the older Opeth albums and still <3 it to pieces. I am going with In Mist She Was Standing.

The Twilight is My Robe and The Apostle in Triumph are definately both amazing songs and deserve to be here as much as the other two... however these polls really don't allow for that... which is quite sad :(.