Opeth Song Survivor - Round 2 - Morningrise (Vote for the WORST song!)

Which song do you DISLIKE the most? DISLIKE!

• Advent

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • The Night And The Silent Water

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fuck, this is nearly impossible!!! I'll have to vote for The Night and The Silent Water, though it's still one of my favorites. I can't believe you bastards voted Nectar off. And I also can't believe there are people who vote BRI off. Goddammit, I can't fucking believe were voting off any Morningrise songs. Can't we just skip the Morningrise album in this competition?

Schism said:
I am going to listen right now and give my vote in the morning:Spin:
It will be hard to choose Advent after seeing an awesome live performance of it last night!

Well, I gave it the close-inspection headphone test and TNATSW became the obvious choice to opt out, not because of the music, but I don't think the lyrics and vocals sit very well in it, very clunky

On the other hand BRI actually clicked with me for the first time, I was totally immersed in it!!!!

BRI is like 5 minutes too long. I like it about as much as the rest, but the other 3 just feel like stronger songs to me.

I'd have to vote for The Night and the Silent Water, while I love this song, I just cannot bring myself to vote for any other song. It's almost like voting fot the song you hate :(

Why is To Bid You Farewell so great? Explain it to me lol , i love that song but it hasn't 'click' yet..

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Why is To Bid You Farewell so great? Explain it to me lol , i love that song but it hasn't 'click' yet..

For one, IMO it's Mikael's most heartfelt vocal delivery. It's loaded with feeling. And the lyrics are just beautiful-very poetic "I am awaiting the sunrise, gazing modestly through the coldest morning. Once it came you lied, embracing us over Autumn's proud treetops". Extended imagery, the poetry of heartbreak and loss-It's just incredible. It's just a masterpiece, beginning to end.

In my opinion, advent is far worse than every single song on that cd, including nectar. It has the least dynamics of any song on that album (well, besides the last one of course, but that one's one of my favorite opeth songs ever!). It's the only song on the cd that actually bores me...I don't know what's wrong with it. I guess the growling just gets monotonous on that album, and since there's like 3 clean words in the whole song it bores me. Don't get me wrong, I like Morningrise more than a few of their other cds, but Advent...blech!